Menu
tomo91
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 3.0 error 84020200: constantly dropping connection and slow speeds

Hello,

Since joining Virgin, for the past ~6 months, I have experienced intermittent slow speeds and constantly dropping connection from the SuperHub 3.0. I had an engineer out before who appeared to solve the issue (from the wiring from the green box on the road). However this has proven to only be a temporary fix as I am back to where I was before. 

I am on 50mbps and I observed this as an actual download speed over WiFi when running a speed test on installation. Most recently, I am seeing an average of a woeful 2mbps. I know that wired connection is also terrible as my Sky box connected by LAN often struggles to load anything on demand.

So far I am extremely disappointed with the service I am getting and it honestly feels as if Virgin are purposely slowing my speeds down to grant higher bandwidth elsewhere! 

Please can you assist with solving this issue?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 3.0 error 84020200: constantly dropping connection and slow speeds

Hey tomo91,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear you're suffering connection drops and slow speeds at the moment, I'm sure this is frustrating and I'll do what I can to help.

I've run some tests on the connection from this end. Whilst the network segment looks good, I can see some issues with the power levels on your hub, specifically that the upstreams are too high. I'd like to book an engineer to investigate the cause of this and get things back to normal for you.

I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can arrange a suitable date/time for an engineer visit. Get back to me when it's convenient and I'll book that in asap.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey tomo91,

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy 

I've booked you an engineer and sent a PM to confirm. Let us know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tomo91
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

An update on this:

Engineer came round this morning and has identified an issue with the cable outside of the house.. which will need to be fixed with another appointment.

He said that this should have been done when we joined virgin 5-6 months ago. So... we have essentially been paying for a faulty service all of this time! And on top of that, the issue still isn't fixed and we have to wait longer without Internet! I'm having to use my very limited mobile data to post this!

How can I go about pursuing some kind of compensation?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello tomo91,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear this still hasn't been resolved, I'd like to keep in touch and track this with you and the engineers.

Please check your inbox as I've sent you a PM.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos