Menu
mitchellsx
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac to Superhub 3

Hi All, ive had a superhub 3 for about 2 weeks now and im finding the connection drops now and again. The internet seems to disappear for few minutes and then sort its self out. I didn't have this problem with the 2ac hub. 

Are there any paticualer settings I can change on the superhub that may help? is it worth seperating the 2.4ghz and 5ghz channels?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gandalf2
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac to Superhub 3

Hi

I have just changed from supper hub 2 to a 3 and found a similar problem so changed the setting from auto on both channels to a fixed channels, that has stabilised the wifi.

mitchellsx
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great thanks will give this ago, what channel did you put your hub onto?

0 Kudos
Gandalf2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You just have to experiment, just choose one on the 2.4 and one on the 5 and keep a note so you don't go back on some you've used until you've found the best for you.  You may have to try several channels before you find the right one for your situation. Another tip, the supper hub 3 distributes from all angles unlike the 2 so make sure you have nothing blocking the hub they don't seem to have the range the 2's had. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

just download inSSIDer for a pc or similar if you are on a phone - that will tell you what channels others around you are using - then choose one of the less busy one

Tony
0 Kudos