Menu
Beagle
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac or Apple Airport Extreme problem causing internet connection issues?

Hello

I have broadband supplied via a Superhub 2ac which is connected to an Apple Airport Extreme.  I have switched the WIFI off on the Superhub, so using WIFI from the Airport Extreme.  I have a couple of Apple Airport Express's wired to the Airport Extreme as well as an Apple Time Machine.

For the last year we have had a good internet connection throughout the house - to the iMac and to the iphones.  But in the last 2-3 weeks it has been playing up.  The Virgin engineer tested the connection and did something to 'boost the signal' as well as resetting the Superhub.  Now we can only get a steady internet connection from the WIFI from the Superhub.   If we switch it off so that our WIFI comes from the Airport Extreme, as we previously had it, then our internet keeps dropping.  Sometimes it will work for 2-3 days and sometimes it drops repeatedly every few minutes.

Does anyone have a view as to whether this is likely to be a Virgin broadband issue or connectivity between the Superhub 2ac and the Airport Extreme? And if the latter then steps to resolve it?

Grateful for any help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 2ac or Apple Airport Extreme problem causing internet connection issues?

Hi Beagle,

Welcome to our Forum, thanks for joining us Smiley Happy

I think the issue is with the Hub itself as it's reporting a very high number of timeouts within a short period of time.
The network has no errors that might otherwise have caused this and it's highly unlikely that your connected devices are the source of the disconnections. So I'd like to arrange for an engineer to take a look. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment in for you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 2ac or Apple Airport Extreme problem causing internet connection issues?

Hi Beagle,

Welcome to our Forum, thanks for joining us Smiley Happy

I think the issue is with the Hub itself as it's reporting a very high number of timeouts within a short period of time.
The network has no errors that might otherwise have caused this and it's highly unlikely that your connected devices are the source of the disconnections. So I'd like to arrange for an engineer to take a look. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment in for you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've just re-checked the network segment (prompted by the very very high T3 timeouts in your Hub and the current low modem SNR). Network errors were present from yesterday until mid-morning today.

However, the network has been clear since then yet your Hub is still reporting very low downstream modem SNR.

So I would still like to schedule the appointment, just in case. I shall send you the details via PM - I've booked the earliest available but suspect others in your area have been taking appointments too, as there were very few available slots to choose from.
It's possible that the network errors may return in the meantime, so if your connection worsens please let me know and I'll take another look. If needed I'll escalate to Networks. 

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos