Menu
dave2318
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac modem mode not issuing IP

Been using my Superhub 2ac in Modem mode for ages even swapped the firewall behind it a couple of times with no issue, power on firewall, reboot modem, new IP issued, dead easy.

However I am swapping my firewall again and it won't issue an IP to the firewall, or any device I attach to it except the previous firewall!

I have tried the normal, power on firewall, reboot modem. I have even tried leaving the modem off for 5 minutes.

Out of annoyance I even put the modem into router mode and devices connecting on the Wi-Fi worked fine, but any device I connected with a wire didn't get an IP! I swapped it back to modem mode and same result, only my previous firewall gets an IP!

Any thoughts? I'm about to throw the thing out the window!

thanks in advance

Dave

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac modem mode not issuing IP

You might of hit the MAC change limit as your previous firewall works you can copy its MAC to the new one.

0 Kudos
dave2318
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick response!

Interestingly i did try setting the MAC address to what my current firewall says is the WAN MAC but that didn't work either.

Is there any way to clear the MAC history? Or any way to find out what MAC is currently associated?

thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

dave2318 wrote:

Interestingly i did try setting the MAC address to what my current firewall says is the WAN MAC but that didn't work either.

In that case the problem is your config.

What firewall/router do you have now?

0 Kudos
dave2318
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Configuring up PFSense, but even at base install with only LAN and WAN interfaces configured (WAN as DHCP) it doesn't pick up an IP address, neither does a laptop plugged into it.

On PFSense I have disabled blocking local addresses on the WAN port and still the same.

0 Kudos