Menu
Bothwell92
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac lose connection to wireless and sometimes wired

Hello,

I am having a recurring issue with my Superhub 2ac, it loses connection to wireless devices and occasionally an Ethernet connected computer. This occurs on average maybe 1-3 times a day and the only fix is to reset the router.

I have contacted Virgin support by telephone, however all they have done is change the frequency (I think) and refreshed things from there end, having browsed the forums. This seems a more helpful place to find a solution to this problem, which has been occurring for a few months.

Having searched the forums, I found my problem very similar to; http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Superhub-2ac-lose-connection-to-wireless...

I have posted my upstream and downstream values from the router and there is no change in the lights on the router (all lights are blue) with the exception of the 5GHZ which is currently disabled.

Finally, I have posted the logs where the "Time not established/ Downstream looked successfully" is me resetting the router manually. 

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

upload2.jpg

upload1.jpg

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 2ac lose connection to wireless and sometimes wired

OK, well I don't think there's any doubt you do have the SH2ac because the Hardware & Software versions you quote are the latest for that model.

It's not a big deal but I'm still intrigued as to why your stats present themselves in a different layout to my SH2ac.  Mine look like this ...

Downstream 021116.jpg

Note that my power levels are at the high positive end compared to yours which are at the low negative end and my connection is faultless.

So it does look like an engineer visit is called for.  You can either wait around here for a member of the Forum Team to pick up your case (could take a couple of weeks) or you could phone a fault in but avoid the offshore call centres.  Phone Retentions during normal working hours and get to speak to the UK based team ... 150 on VM phone or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts 1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  They deal with a whole lot more that retentions and should be able to book an engineer for you.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bothwell92, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your broadband connection losing wireless and sometimes wired connection I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some checks from here and I can see that your downstream power levels are borderline on the lower side of things and will require the attention of one of our engineers in order to resolve this.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you. 

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bothwell92.

Well I have two observations.  The first is that your downstream power levels are really quite low and may be causing issues ... an engineer visit would be needed to look at that and would either involve removing an attenuator if indeed one exists or re-plugging you on a higher output at the street cabinet.

The second is that you say you have the Superhub 2ac but the layout of your upstream and downstream tables look very different to mine ... yours being in a horizontal arrangement whilst mine are laid out vertically.  Are you sure it is a SH2ac and if so what version of the firmware does it have?

Electron
0 Kudos
Bothwell92
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

That first observation doesn't sound good!  On the second, it says on the bottom of the router and on the login page that this is a superhub 2ac.

The firmeware details are;

Software Version   "V1.01.11"
Hardware Version   1.03

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK, well I don't think there's any doubt you do have the SH2ac because the Hardware & Software versions you quote are the latest for that model.

It's not a big deal but I'm still intrigued as to why your stats present themselves in a different layout to my SH2ac.  Mine look like this ...

Downstream 021116.jpg

Note that my power levels are at the high positive end compared to yours which are at the low negative end and my connection is faultless.

So it does look like an engineer visit is called for.  You can either wait around here for a member of the Forum Team to pick up your case (could take a couple of weeks) or you could phone a fault in but avoid the offshore call centres.  Phone Retentions during normal working hours and get to speak to the UK based team ... 150 on VM phone or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts 1  >  4  >  5  to 'Thinking of leaving us'.  They deal with a whole lot more that retentions and should be able to book an engineer for you.

Electron
0 Kudos
Bothwell92
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

I look at giving them a call at some point, thank you very much for your help and that useful phone number.
I will leave this topic open, encase a member of the forum team does arrive/ or if someone has any other suggestions.

Regards.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Bothwell92, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear that you've been having issues with your broadband connection losing wireless and sometimes wired connection I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have run some checks from here and I can see that your downstream power levels are borderline on the lower side of things and will require the attention of one of our engineers in order to resolve this.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you. 

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos