Menu
marc-knuckle
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac in modem mode help

hi guys

i have decided to get a third party router and change the superhub 2ac to modem mode.  i know how to access the SH and change to modem mode. i know to plug the new router into port 1. apart from those 2 things, what else do i need to do?

i do want to use the same SSID and password so i guess i will have to find the option in the new router

anything else or any advice?

the router i have ordered is https://www.asus.com/Networking/RT-AC1200G-plus/overview/

cheers guys

marc

0 Kudos
marc-knuckle
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac in modem mode help

any help guys?

i received my third party router, an Asus rt-as1200g+.

i changed the SH to modem mode and set up the Asus.

that day i saw quite a few internet disconnects. not just wireless but wired as well. i had connected a usb HDD and setup a guest wifi which were extra things not needed for normal setup so i thought maybe these could be causing the problem. so first i removed the guest wifi. i didnt notice any more disconnects but admittedly werent using the internet much after that removal of guest mode.

so this morning i came down stairs and nothing wireless (i forgot to check wired) could access the internet. the strange thing is that the blue lights were on the SH (power, internet and ethernet port 1) and all the blue lights were on the Asus seeming to suggest i should have been able to connect.  so i turned off the Asus only and then back on again and all was okay.

i also decided to remove the HDD and also reset the Asus back to default and start again. i also changed the wireless SSIDs and their passwords. so far, only 1 device has lost its wifi connection and when i checked in the tablet's settings it said it was unable to connect or something like that so i needed to input the wifi password again.

so, i have so far had a fair few issues with this new router set up. any ideas what could be going wrong? may it have been the HDD being connected for some reason?

cheers, marc

0 Kudos
marc-knuckle
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

please guys, any help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey marc-knuckle,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry for not replying sooner.

It sounds like you've done everything you're supposed to with your Hub. As long as you're in Modem Mode and plugged into port one, then the router should work, there's no other changes to make to your Hub.

How are you getting on with your 3rd party router now?

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
marc-knuckle
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

bit better since i removed the HDD connected to it and also reset back to factory. so i dont know which thing improved it but someone somewhere said that after an update a router should be reset so it may be that.

thanks

0 Kudos