Menu
madmanx
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac firmware update

Hi have virgin released a firmware update for the superhub 2ac?, as my hub rebooted a couple of times and now I'm on firmware V2.01.11, and before I was on V1.01.11? I thought the latter was the latest firmware? In network logs it says sw download successful...

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 25 of 98
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 2ac firmware update

madmanx wrote:

Ah ok thanks seph, so in layman terms, the software update we have received is for people that have opted out from having their superhubs used as a wifi hotspot?...

It's for everybody, but those who haven't opted-out will advertise the "Virgin Media" SSID to anybody in range who has set up a profile via the My WiFi app.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

All Replies
madmanx
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Meant to say, have virgin released a new firmware update for the superhub 2ac?

0 Kudos
madmanx
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Can anybody help? ...

0 Kudos
ikledude
Joining in
Message 4 of 98
Flag for a moderator

I am also seeing issues:

First customer with a completely defaulted SuperHub 2ac.

Second customer with no port forwarding firewall rules left but not completely defaulted again on SuperHub 2ac.

0 Kudos
ikledude
Joining in
Message 5 of 98
Flag for a moderator

I am also seeing issues:

First customer with a completely defaulted SuperHub 2ac.

Second customer with no port forwarding firewall rules left but not completely defaulted again on SuperHub 2ac.

0 Kudos
madmanx
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Im wondering if it's to do with the virgin wifi app? Where peoples superhubs are used as wifi hotspots? It didn't reset my hub back to factory defaults, password for the hub is the same, same wireless channel as before update etc only thing different is the firmware has changed?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 98
Flag for a moderator

madmanx wrote:

Im wondering if it's to do with the virgin wifi app? Where peoples superhubs are used as wifi hotspots?

Can you post all the Info/Status Down/Up and Network Log from 192.168.100.1 (redact last few octets of mac ID/Serial No)? The WiFi Trials started with SH2(VMDG485) in pilot areas and initially included additional upstream channel. Eventually it will rollout to SH2AC and SH3 but nobody's officially commenting yet!

@Sephiroth Might still have his SH2AC connected(mine did loose its PF rules last week but I need to do a pin FR as it's probably still on a Trial DHCP/TFTP server!)

Otherwise my SH3 connection is still on 116V firmware and I don't see that updating at all soon....

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
madmanx
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 98
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply horseman, I will post logs, power levels in a bit and u want my serial number of hub?, all my power levels are the same but ive noticed my thinkbroadband bqm maximum latency is now better? I'm not being paranoid but can the firmware update be a virus or malware? Lol or is that not possible? Oh and if it is to do with the wifi app, we have opted out of it...

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 9 of 98
Flag for a moderator

I'm on V2.01.09 have been for months, I knew about them trialling areas with that new wifi firmware, they have probably just expanded a little I did reboot my Hub earlier today while I tweaked my dd-wrt firmware on my router, so it would of picked up the upgrade if it was national (at least I presume so)

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 10 of 98
Flag for a moderator

I mean I am in modem mode, but I hardly think virgin expertise would cover ruling out people who don't use router mode being as the circus I have wittnessed in the past Smiley Tongue
0 Kudos