Menu
MCS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac ethernet ports not working

Hello, hope someone can help me. I have 200mb VM broadband and over the last few days two ethernet ports have stopped working on my superhub 2ac. The first ethernet port stopped working three days ago and just today a second port stopped working. The first port was connected to a NAS and I moved that to another port in the hub which was connected to a printer. However, today the ethernet port connecting to my main pc stopped and have moved to the port which had a powerline patch cable connected. I use cat 6 cables and have tried several spare cables on both ports without any joy. I now cannot use my printer or a powerline connection which were working fine last week. I have tried resetting the hub many times without any joy. I have noticed in trying to get the ethernet ports to work that the hub is getting quite hot at the back near the ports which I have not noticed before, although it has been working fine for a few years. Is there anything I can do to get these ethernet ports to work?
Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac ethernet ports not working

Hey Mark,

Welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Great to see new members!

I'm sorry to hear about your Superhub, from what you've described, it sounds like a faulty unit. I'd be more than happy to send you a replacement.

Let's confirm your address via PM (purple envelope, top right) and get a new Superhub ordered.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
zamm1729
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac ethernet ports not working

I may have the same problem.

Hub serial 3##################6 has been working since March 2015, and wireless is apparently still working normally.
Ethernet ports are used by TV etc, not normally a PC; and this was fine until recently, last successful use I can remember about a fortnight ago.
Today smart TV functions are not available and my laptop, normally used wireless, reports on an otherwise unused port "cable disconnected". The hub is not in modem mode.
I noticed there was no light on the Ethernet socket before power cycling, nor after; but lights flashed on all four sockets during the restart.

Please, is there anything else I should try?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos