Menu
barc0de
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac - Wireless locking up

Hi,

Does anyone have any issues with the wireless function locking up on the Superhub 2ac? Wired connections still work fine but every couple of days wireless devices cannot access the network without restarting the Superhub.

I've searched the forums are and there are a quite a few posts with the same problem and the resolution being a replacement router but this is my second one with the problem. Do all the Superhub 2ac's have this fault?

Is it worth bothering getting a replacement if it going to do the same thing?

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac - Wireless locking up

Hey barc0de,

Thanks for posting, though I'm so sorry to hear that your wireless connection is being lost every few days.

It does potentially sound like a problem with the hub, though there's a few things to do first to check this. Have you tried a factory reset of the hub to see if this helps set things right again? It might also be worth setting up a guest network with different security settings, just to test if this network stops working at the same time.

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
barc0de
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kev_B

Thanks for the reply. I have indeed tried those things as well trying to use only the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz bands individually. The wireless connection still locks up.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey barc0de,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies that this fault is still on-going.

I think it's worth trying you with a replacement, but I'll arrange for the new version to be delivered for you.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) to confirm your address.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
craigtp
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Heather_J,

Sorry for jumping into this thread, but I also have what I believe is the exact same problem as the OP.  (See my thread here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Intermittent-WiFi-issues-recently-starte...)

There's a few of us on this forum who are in almost exactly the same position (i.e. never had problems, nothing in the household changed, but around 1/2 weeks ago we all started getting intermittent WiFi issues/drops).

One thing that appears to be consistent is that Virgin have pushed out a firmware upgrade for the Superhub 2ac around the same time as these issues have started to appear.

Could you please liaise with the team responsible for the firmware engineering/upgrading and have them check it out as a number of forum members here, many of whom are very technically savvy, are increasingly convinced this is a serious bug in the recent firmware upgrade.

0 Kudos
craigtp
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had my firmware downgraded from v2.x to v1.x by Virgin on 26th Feb 2017 and since that date all of my WiFi issues seem to have gone away. I've given it until now, over a week later, so that I could test the wireless connection, but I've been able to perform large software updates on both of my TV's over wifi and watched many hours of streaming, catch-up TV as well as locally streamed content from my NAS, all without a single moment of buffering, frozen picture or disconnects since the downgrade happened.

Therefore, I feel very confident in saying that the v2.x firmware definitely WAS the problem, and that reverting back to v1.x firmware (and nothing else changing in-between) has fixed all my issues.

0 Kudos