Menu
littlefluffydog
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac WiFi keeps crashing

I have a Superhub 2ac and every day I must restart it to resolve a WiFi connection issue. I have called 150 and advised to reboot when this happens and carried out several hard resets via the small reset button. At current the router seems to give up and is constantly dropping WiFi connections with a power cycle the only way to regain WiFi connection. The fixed Ethernet ports don't seem to loose connection just WiFi only. Also when I called 150 was quoted a £50 charge for a new Superhub if this current one was found to not be faulty... Really I know it's not happy your website advised in the inclusives faults and repairs are free!
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac WiFi keeps crashing

If it's only Wi-Fi that is being affected it is quite possible that you are suffering radio interference rather than there being anything wrong with the hub.  I could be from a neighbouring user or some electrical appliance in your property.  Have you tried changing the Wi-Fi channel? (Video tutorial top of this forum).

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
littlefluffydog
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have changed the channel several times also used WiFi Scanner and WiFi analyzer to seek best options. After each power cycle the WiFi may remain stable for an hour or a day or so but will crash and or drop devices on a random basis daily Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello littlefluffydog

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with wireless stability, it can be so difficult to find the cause of these things. As Dave mentioned it is normally interference or perhaps comparability. I will send you a forum private message to discuss some account issues and perhaps order a new hub.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning littlefluffydog

Thank you for getting back. I have sent you a new hub, please allow a few days for it to arrive and follow the accompanying instructions for activation. Please keep the thread updated, fingers crossed.

Wishing you a pleasant weekend

Nicola

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
yorkshirecath
Up to speed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is what is constantly happening with me and it's getting annoying now. Do you find something connect and then others don't and then vice versa maybe the next day??

0 Kudos
littlefluffydog
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good morning everyone,

As per above post Virgin Media via this forum are now sending a replacement modem.

I'll advise if outcome when it arrives. Current device still dropping connections and requires power cycle reset to regain connections.

Thanks for support to date on this matter from all forum users.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To build on Dave's reply in the light of the new hub being sent to you:

The usual reason why rebooting gets WiFi back is that the hub's WiFi settings, be AUTO, the reboot results in the hub choosing the least congested channels. It can get quite complicated though. If you've got the 2.4GHz band set int o 'NB' mode, then the two bonded channels may not be interference free. Also your neighbours will get into the same pickle and it's a merry-go-round.

To delve deeper, if as an experiment you switched off the 2.4GHz radio and you just worked for a while on 5GHz, does this still happen?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)