Menu
bobcripps
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac V2.01.11 screws VoIP

I'm as certain as I can be that a firmware upgrade has caused VoIP to not work anymore on Port 5060. We proved this by reconfiguring our Kamalio to do VoIP signalling on port 5062 and it all worked. I there any plan to restore this functionality or do I have to throw out Virgin so I can do my job? I've read about putting the Router into Modem Mode which works but do I then need another router chained to it to do the WiFi for all my devices?

Cheers Bob

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac V2.01.11 screws VoIP

Hi Bob,

The V2 software seems to be causing quite a few problems if comments in this forum are anything to go by.

Anyone serious about getting decent Wi-Fi and router controls merely regards VM's hubs as a get-you-started device.  You can't replace it directly because it is your only gateway to VM's cable service, but putting it into Modem Mode and attaching a decent third party router via ethernet cable is the way to go.  As you'll see from my sig, I use an Asus router which absolutely love.  It gives me better Wi-Fi range than the hub because it has external aerials and you can configure just about anything.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
bobcripps
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks I'll order one straight away. Beggars belief that a company can arbitrarily decide to screw someone's setup.

0 Kudos
bizzy007
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I also noticed the same problem with VOIP yesterday. This also happened to me with my previous SuperHub2 router after the firmware was updated on it and was resolved by updating to the SuperHub2ac which had different firmware. Could you please advise which model Asus router you ended up purchasing?

0 Kudos
bizzy007
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am able to get VOIP working again by setting up port forwarding on the SuperHub2ac router to my VOIP device for the audio transmission ports which in my case are 16384-16492 (UDP)

0 Kudos
bobcripps
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I bought exactly the one in the first answer the RT-AC68U . I've not had a chance to configure it yet! Another symptom is the 200 to an INVITE not making it back through the router meaning the remote has a call up and the client inside the router in the state waiting for it. Very annoying as the remote user answers the phone and just hears no sound!

0 Kudos