Menu
Boabster
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 ports yellow

My super hub 2 ports stay yellow and I have tried all cables and many different pcs laptops etc etc I have heard they can be faulty or need updating or something? Can anyone help please thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 2 ports yellow

If you plug one end into port one and the other into port two what happens?
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yellow ports on the superhub would indicate that the attached device is not getting a gigabit connection. This could be either the cables being less than Cat5e or the network cards are not gigabit cards. A loop back from two of the superhub ports will rule out a cable issue if it lights green.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you plug one end into port one and the other into port two what happens?
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yellow ports on the superhub would indicate that the attached device is not getting a gigabit connection. This could be either the cables being less than Cat5e or the network cards are not gigabit cards. A loop back from two of the superhub ports will rule out a cable issue if it lights green.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos