Menu
mywastebin
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 attenuator or not

Morning.  I had an engineer visit the other day for a phone fault.  He asked if our other Virgin equipment was working ok!.  I explained that we recently got rid of the Tivo ( that's another story ) we kept the Telephone and Broadband.   First thing he did was went over to the Superhub 2 ; looked at the back and said .. You wont be needing that and removed the attenuator.  Then took a photo / scan of the label on the bottom.   I didn't really give it any though yesterday morning.  But now I'm thinking, in the past we had several visits due to problems; and they put it down to the signal straight being too much after testing it and said the Hub needed an attenuating; we then had a couple of visits and they would change the attenuator.  My question is; does my hub no longer need attenuating as we don't have Tivo .. OR are we going to see problems again with our broadband.

Happy New Year ( Yeah .. I know I'm a little late )

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Superhub 2 attenuator or not

levels are fine - its the downstream the attenuator will change - limits are -6  +10 so you are nicely in the middle - not sure about some of pre and post RSerrors on a couple of the channels - they could be historical - worth deleting them and see if they rise - if they do post back and one of the forum staff will comment

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

see what the levels are that will answer your question

log into superhub - 192.168.0.1 - DON'T SIGN IN, click router status [top right] - and post the downstream and upstream figures

Tony
0 Kudos
sleepbywindows
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hope screen grab is ok !!   Thank You.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 09.06.02.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-18 at 09.05.38.png

0 Kudos
sleepbywindows
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry .. Unsure if they went through first time.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 09.06.02.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-18 at 09.05.38.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

levels are fine - its the downstream the attenuator will change - limits are -6  +10 so you are nicely in the middle - not sure about some of pre and post RSerrors on a couple of the channels - they could be historical - worth deleting them and see if they rise - if they do post back and one of the forum staff will comment

Tony
0 Kudos
mywastebin
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry .. mix up with my original username  etc;;;  ( some reason it logged me back in under older username ! )    I posted info under user sleeepbywindows

0 Kudos
mywastebin
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank You for taking time out.

0 Kudos