Menu
Jameswilson17
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 - WiFi Signal Dropouts

Hi All,

Currently have the Superhub 2 (original not AC) which I've had for a good few years now without issue.

This last couple of months I've experienced a number of occasions where the WiFi drops out and the hub seems to just stop broadcasting the WiFi. The front of the hub shows the power and the arrows in blue suggesting no issue with the network connections but the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz lights are both off.

Obviously I go through the usual reboot routine and sometimes this works but other times I've had to ring support. They normally tell me to reboot again and send various signals which seems to get it working again.

When it goes off, the WiFi drops out all my devices that are connected to it and then we can't detect any WiFi networks (apart from my neighbours Sky!) but yet my Sky box still works as that is connected via ethernet.

Clearly this is an issue with the hardware as otherwise the ethernet connected Sky box wouldn't work either if it was a network issue.

I've read several other posts on here from people experiencing the same issue with Superhub 2s. Have you done any updates to the hubs which may affect their performance? Or are the Superhub 2s just coming to the end of their lifespans?

Any help with this issue would be appreciated as it's starting to become a bit of a nuisance.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
adecooper
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 - WiFi Signal Dropouts

Call 151 to report a fault
0 Kudos
Jameswilson17
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response Ade.  Ended up on the phone to overseas tech support for about 40 minutes last night doing various reboots, pin hole resets and them sending various signals before they agreed my Superhub 2 was on its last legs. 

They agreed to send out a replacement which should arrive by midweek.  Bonus is that I'm supposedly getting an upgrade to a Superhub 2ac to replace the standard Superhub 2 so better WiFi performance for me too! 

Good work VM, should be back up and running in a couple of days.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jameswilson17,

Thanks for posting an update!

It's great to hear that you've been upgraded. How's life with a new Superhub 2AC treating you?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jameswilson17
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the response.  So far so good with the new SH2ac as everything is working well so seems that it was the old SH2 that was on its way out and causing the issues.

Cheers 

James 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi James,

I'm very pleased to hear there have been no problems since the upgrade!

Any problems just let one of us know and we'll look into it for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos