Menu
elaineuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 WIFI dropping out

Hi,

I've have my superhub 2 for a little while now with perfect connectivity. However I've been having trouble with the wifi its seems to disconnect all my wifi devices and drop out I can still see the wifi name but it won't let me connect to it on any wireless device wired devices are not affected and the only way to sort it out and that's to restart to router everytime
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 WIFI dropping out

Hello elaineuk,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having some difficulties with your wireless connection at the moment. Have you tried changing your wireless channel yet? Often this will help with problems caused by wireless inference.

Could you please have a try and let us know how you get on.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
elaineuk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've tried changing channels I've also tried changing the mode from 300mbs to 144mbs also tried resetting to default setting but that doesn't work.
0 Kudos
greeniegirl
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Evening

You could be having a conflict, I would factory reset the router again ( hold pin in for 30secs) log into the router, change your wifi name and channel, I personally would try channel 8 for the 2.4ghz and leave the 5ghz as they are.  Once the settings are saved try and connect your device/devices again.  Sometimes there can be an issue with the security setting if your router has had an update so you could try changing the security mode from auto to wpa2-psk.

Hope this helps

Goodluck

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos
heppenm
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem, so thanks for the reply.

Regarding the instructions above for changing the wifi channels, how do you do all this? Not massively IT literate.
0 Kudos
elaineuk
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've tried reseting the router to default settings changed wifi channel and still drops out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi elaineuk, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your WiFi dropping out. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested the connection from my side and I noticed that all of your downstream power levels are too high and will be impacting your performance. I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to attend and make the necessary adjustments the connection in order to get this resolved.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks,

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos