Menu
Redy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superbug 5g drop out

My super hub 2ac seems to keep dropping 5g and my devices default to 2g which then are really slow and video won't play without constant buffering. Anyone else have the same issue or a fix?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superbug 5g drop out

Hi Redy2

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you're having with devices dropping out on 5G. How far from the hub are you when the 5G connection drops? Everything looks great when testing your hub so I've included a link which has some info on improving  the wireless connection around the home.

Let us know how you get on,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Redy2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The hub is in the open with no restrictions around it and I find that Apple devices latch onto 2g rather than 5g which then takes forever to load anything if at all. Originally everything hooked onto the 5g straight away.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Redy2,

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear this is still on-going. I wonder if you've tried changing your operating wireless channel? Often this will help with any wireless interference in the environment.

Could you please try this and let us know if it helps.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
fizz
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've got an app on my phone called WiFi analyser and it shows all the signals on the 2g 5g band you can then see if there are overlaps and what to change your channel to.
0 Kudos