Menu
muky
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub3 Fiber 200mb Packet loss

Hey guys anyone know of any issues with packet loss recently on the network?

I stay at the west coast of Scotland and the network as been amazing up until Saturday 4th march where the network just cut out middle of the night and came back online but since then i have been getting quite a lot of packet loss i only notice it when playing online games and stuff everything else is fine I get good ping download speed is good upload speed is good as well but it just sometimes randomly cuts out for a few seconds then comes back but its really annoying when playing games online. 

I have included some pics of my download / upload on the router and stuff its a superhub 3 running on router mode this is the only issue i have seen with the network since getting it installed.

On the network log it was showing a dhcp error with mac address but did not include this pic to public and that was the issue on saturday but then it came back online and i have no other logs but i keep getting frequent drop outs even doing ping tests on cmd and such i get packet losses of 2% out of 200 sent to bbc.co.uk and when playing online it will last ok until 10-15mins of play then i get packet loss but my latency is still at 33ms so this does not change yet i lag out for 1-2 seconds then im back playing again any ideas ?

Im playing multiple games online so ruled out their servers as its my connection after looking at the resource monitor it spikes when its happening.

I have rebooted router but not sure what else to do changed the Ethernet cable and checked the wire but cannot see any issues with it as its running fine apart from this 1 issue i am having.

Edit. included thingbroadband graph its only been in the last while but done it whilst playing League of legends and its showing packet loss =(

routstat.pngdownstea.pngupstrea.png

0 Kudos
muky
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub3 Fiber 200mb Packet loss

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The stats are fine, upstream power levels are a bit low, but within spec, probably a syptom of being close to the street cab and might be worth keeping half an eye on for stability.

The network log would be useful to complete the diagnostic as the TBB graph is showing packet loss on your local circuit.

0 Kudos
muky
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

9f91d918a1733b5da13f47f3d0db6c2a.png

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is it just me that sees a yellow triangle on many of the posts on this forum instead of the image the poster has actually submitted ?

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The image hasn't been approved yet, will sort that now.

There are a few T3 errors in the snippet of the logs, if persistent could be causing your issues.

You will need to contact VM to check your connection and FECs with their diagnostic tools., either by waiting here about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi muky,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing packet loss/disconnections. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

I've checked your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the SNR (signal to noise ratio) is running stable, which is good.

If you are still having the same issue, can you post an up to date BQM graph without the IP address showing please? Along with the network log, that will be helpful.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
muky
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Looks like this issue is still persisting =( called up and got reset on your guys end but it appears its not worked i have more router logs of the event and packet loss is high on BQM graph was looking on the router for connected devices could another wifi device be causing this issue in terms of an attack or male-ware or trojan of some kind i have norton installed on desktop and scanned using maleware bytes just to check as well but has not come back with any issues.

I done some tracert logs on the league of legends euw server and the packets kept timing out after 2 or 3 successful sent & receives 

had a look and i have a high number of tcp connections 150 ?

f62e4dad7ca1f576b55b5c0db5c9a267.pngNote: the outages from that log are from the outage from you guys going a restart on your end for me at that time on the 13th

f62e4dad7ca1f576b55b5c0db5c9a267.png

57d1eb0191403c9dce4ed3ea14041ce1.png

0 Kudos
muky
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

looks like its fixed some drop outs last night checked the bqm graph and 0 packet loss =) all fixed i think 

0 Kudos