Menu
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3 no longer responding to admin page requests on 192.168.1.1

When I first received my SuperHub 3 router a year ago, I needed to change its default IP (gateway) address to 192.168.1.1 as the whole of my local network was based on 192.168.1.* mapping and I certainly wasn't going to reprogram all my equipment, configurations, scripts, etc to fit in with Virgin's chosen 192.168.0.* mapping! (See http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Superhub-3-set-management-address-to-192-1... and http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Superhub-3-internal-network-address/td-p/3... for details)

This has been working fine ever since, however a recent automated firmware update to the SuperHub appears to have broken access to the router's admin page (which should be at 192.168.1.1 as that is the default gateway address).

This wasn't an immediate worry as I had already set up all the firewall port forwarding that I needed, and local DHCP mappings are handled by my NAS (as the SuperHub can only store about 10 MAC address IP mappings at a time, so is pretty much useless as a DHCP Server). However I find I now need to set up a few new port forwarding rules, so I do now need to access the SuperHub's admin page and this is currently not working.

Please could someone from Virgin advise how to do this? Thanks.

Andre

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3 no longer responding to admin page requests on 192.168.1.1

They'll be about a week before they get to you. So the Community might be able to poke its nose in.

I don't recall the early firmware allowing a gateway address change on the Hub 3 - I'll check my screenshots for the satisfaction. If we'd all noticed that, there would have been an even bigger row with VM about not allowing the DHCP range change.

Anyway, assuming you are in router mode (as it seems), you should be able to get into the Hub via the modem listener 192.168.100.1 if not 192.168.0.1.

Keep us advised.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
andrewilley
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Luckily I ditched the SH3's internal DHCP server 'feature' almost immediately, as using its god-awful interface to edit 40+ specific MAC-to-IP address mappings was a nightmare.

I seem to recall that I did have to jump through a few hoops to initially get the SH3 router working on 192.168.1.1, but I did manage it and it's still working like that (apart from the admin page). I'll try removing it from my LAN and connecting it directly to a laptop so I can check the 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 addresses.

Of course I could always switch it into basic modem mode and buy a separate wireless access point, but as otherwise the SH3 is working fine I'm reluctant to be forced into splashing out more money for something that I'm already paying for as part of my broadband package.

Andre

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

andrewilley wrote:

Of course I could always switch it into basic modem mode and buy a separate wireless access point, but as otherwise the SH3 is working fine I'm reluctant to be forced into splashing out more money for something that I'm already paying for as part of my broadband package.

you either like what your getting or not but think how bad it could get but where the right solution is still their just you choose not to use it. 

0 Kudos