Menu
billwurles
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3 is insanely slow, and has no way of port forwarding

Hi, I'm currently doing my Dissertation for computer science, which involves making a web accessible API from a Raspberry Pi. I have found no way to forward the port from the Pi to the internet, which was easy to do on the SH2, and I'm guess Virgin have removed this feature because screw the paying customer?

Trying to find the setting isn't made any easier by the fact that I have to wait literally minutes for the 192.168.0.1 admin page to load anything, and half the time you click on a setting and it just takes you back to the password screen so you can start all over again.

This is really frustrating and I need it working now, this is due in a week and I will absolutely well and truly fail my degree if this isn't fixed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3 is insanely slow, and has no way of port forwarding

Since we cant have you failing your degree due to the vagaries of HUB3, lets see if we cant get get it sorted.

First thing is back to basics. HUB3 doesn't usually need port forwarding like SH2 does, the implementation of UPNP is fairly alright.

Are you overthinking it? have you tested WITHOUT adding a rule, but KNOWING its working LAN side?

Next thing to check- changing your HUB will change your WAN IP. Have you allowed for that?

0 Kudos