Menu
Tim101
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3. in Bridge mode

Hi 

I am about to activate my new SuperHub 3., but need to know whether I am able to place it into Bridge mode as advised by the manufacturer of my Unifi Security Gateway Router.  

"If an Internet Service Provider's (ISP) modem is currently acting as the router, there are additional considerations in the modem’s configuration. It is usually best to put the modem into bridge or passthrough mode, so the USG’s WAN obtains the public IP, and the modem’s involvement is limited to bridging."

Very grateful for any advice, many thanks . Tim

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SuperHub 3. in Bridge mode

you can set it into modem mode and it is jsut a modem and will give the IP to the USG.

Ubiquty make amazing gear Smiley Happy

28 Unifi access points over 3 sites here. trying to replace the switches with unifi as well
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ubiquiti certified installer here. Installed approx 600 Nanostations all over the world. They do indeed make the best kit in the world.

1 Single "UniFi LR" is all you need for a 9 Bedroom house. (Did one last yr). Even covered the outer pool and tennis courts, from being centrally mounted in the house. And all for 65 quid !!. Amazing...

HP, Dell, IBM/Lenovo Certified Server Hardware engineer.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you can set it into modem mode and it is jsut a modem and will give the IP to the USG.

Ubiquty make amazing gear Smiley Happy

28 Unifi access points over 3 sites here. trying to replace the switches with unifi as well
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ubiquiti certified installer here. Installed approx 600 Nanostations all over the world. They do indeed make the best kit in the world.

1 Single "UniFi LR" is all you need for a 9 Bedroom house. (Did one last yr). Even covered the outer pool and tennis courts, from being centrally mounted in the house. And all for 65 quid !!. Amazing...

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@paul_taylor you seem to be a good contact to know Smiley Happy last week i replaced 4 Unifi UAP for Unifi AC Lites. have 4 more to replace but one was DOA to slowed me down. I posted on here years ago when i tested the UAP out
0 Kudos
paul_taylor
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In all the kit i have installed, ive never had a dud.

Out of 600 odd Nano's, maybe had 10 PoE injectors fail though.

0 Kudos
Tim101
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Excellent  - many thanks!

As a relatively incompetent domestic end user, not only have I found the hardware excellent, but also their Support.

0 Kudos
Tim101
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your reply.

I have an AC-PRO which is giving excellent coverage from under stairs at ground level, but will add another on the second floor as area is quite dense and I want to get the best out of 5Ghz.

However slightly nervous about past reports of the SuperHub 3. performance in Modem only mode - hopefully sorted by now.. Will activate this weekend....

0 Kudos