Menu
tecian
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3 - connection keeps dropping

Hi everyone

I have recently upgraded to SH3 and have had nothing but trouble with the connection dropping constantly, it doesnt matter if anyone else is connected or not.

I am the highest broadband setting for my area, 200mbs

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3 - connection keeps dropping

Does this occur just on a wireless connection or if you are using wired also ?  

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
tecian
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Its the wired connection on the PC that drops, it even did it whilst typing this reply.

Thanks

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is it just the wired connection on the PC that drops or do you experience this on the wireless devices too ?

If it is all devices then I would say it is the SuperHub that is probably faulty and would need to be replaced.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
tecian
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it seems to be the wired connection as consoles dont appear to disconnect from Live etc when the connection drops
0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There are a few possibilities.  It might be worth initially trying a new ethernet cable as that might be the case.  Other possibilities are a fault with the port the cable is connected to into your SuperHub - Can you try it in another port with a different cable ?

-

tecian
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Spoke with VM today and they say my SH3 was set to minimum, he has changed it to maximum now and it hasnt dropped in half an hour, which is good compared to normal. Does this make any sense? Thanks

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't make any sense to me but as long as it has resolved the problem then that is all that matters.

Thanks for replying back to let us know how you got on.

-

tecian
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, i'll report back with any updates, and thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
banky1
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem for 2 weeks. Had a new Superhub 3 fitted and Wifi was working fine but the wired ethernet connection to my desktop pc was dropping roughly 3 times every minute. Had the hub replaced but same thing happened. I eventually found that it was a network adapter problem on my Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller. After trawling through some forums I found a recommendation that a setting called 'Energy efficient ethernet' could cause the problem. So I disabled it and ever since have had no problems whatsoever. Other manufacturers may use a different term, for example 'Green ethernet'. Quite why this never caused a problem with the previous router is anybody's guess

0 Kudos