Menu
HenryB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3 and WPA2-PSK-AES

I am keen to restrict my wifi security to WPA2-PSK with AES only but (unlike on the SH2) I seem only able to select WPA2-PSK and it permits both devices capable of TKIP or AES to connect. I want to prevent devices connecting using TKIP to keep my network secure. (There is much online to explain why (and how) networks using TKIP are easy to hack.)

Is anyone aware (maybe via CLI?) how it can be limited to AES only? Seems a shame that this was possible on SH2 in the web interface but is not possible in the SH3.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3 and WPA2-PSK-AES

Hi HenryB,

It's not possible to modify the wireless security settings in the Hub3, if you require other encryption options then using the hub in modem mode with your own 3rd party router may be the best solution.

Kind Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
HenryB
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3 and WPA2-PSK-AES

Appreciate the response. That is a little disappointing - I haven't ever come across a wifi router / AP that doesn't allow that choice.

Are you saying it isn't possible using the web interface, or that it isn't possible at all (eg using CLI), or are you not sure? I ask because I will keep investigating if there is the possibility of avoiding having to buy a new device, but if you are sure it simply cannot be done, I will purchase one as you suggest.

Thanks!

0 Kudos