Menu
mumbojumbo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3 Firmware Upgrade

Has there been a change to the firmware on the SuperHub 3?

I just jumped to the management window and it has completely changed?!

Screen Shot 2016-07-03 at 13.29.16.png 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3 Firmware Upgrade

Hi mumbojumbo,

Your Hub is currently on the 9.1.88T firmware. Do you know what you were on previously, was it 9.1.88S  or didn't you notice?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I don't think this strangeness is related to any particular firmware level. I saw it once during trialling of the hub but can't recall which level.

I presume it disappeared either on a further attempt to access the GUI or by a hub reset.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mumbojumbo,

I can confirm there hasn't been any recent firmware updates for the Hub 3.0.

Let me know if you need any further assistance,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
lexis200
Joining in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

So the obvious follow up question here then is... Why not?

The firmware is diabolical. I've been trying to get into the main page for over an hour now with no luck at all. I've tried two laptops and a mobile, and all go through the following...

Browse to 192.168.0.1, wait for at least 12 seconds before being able to add the PLAINTEXT password (seriously, why isn't it starred out??) then stare at the spinning or stationary icon with the "This page is loading, please wait for a moment." message until I almost fall asleep. Rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Yes, I've rebooted the SH3, yes I've cleared caches etc and tried Incognito mode in Chrome, and MS Edge. No, wired rather than wireless doesn't help either.

I know I'm not the only one, the forum is littered with similar issues.

There MUST be a fix for this??

0 Kudos
boltedenergy
Superfast
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

*bump*

Firmware doesn't look good still, firewall page doesn't even load in chrome... had to use IE/Edge Smiley Tongue

--I'm just another virgin user like you. Please mark my answer as helpful, if it helped Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

boltedenergy wrote:

*bump*

Firmware doesn't look good still, firewall page doesn't even load in chrome... had to use IE/Edge Smiley Tongue

I never had a problem using Chrome with the Hub 3's firewall page, or any other page for that matter.

p.s. IE is such an antiquated browser. Edge not much better.

0 Kudos
pete_at_home
Dialled in
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Go to Chrome browsing history, and delete all cache entries for 192.168.0.X and 192.168.100.x

0 Kudos
lexis200
Joining in
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I've already cleared caches etc. Still doesn't work.

The problem doesn't lie in my equipment or setup, it's the SH3.

Thankfully, Virgin have shot themselves in the foot by increasing their costs. I was only 6 months into a 12 month contract, but now I can leave and go back to Sky. Their broadband may be slower, but everything else about them was faster, more stable, and easier to do than Virgin. Virgin's Tivo "upgrade" for example now leaves us with a blank screen for 5 or more seconds when moving from certain screens, and remote control presses don't register for several seconds. Basically everything is hard to do. It's like pulling teeth... but slower and more painful.

Honestly, they want to downgrade it and take off all the bloatware; that's the only way the poor underpowered box will be able to cope.

0 Kudos
boltedenergy
Superfast
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

SH3 still has dodgy firmware, mods, team vm - are you going to comment on when there might be a stable release? Smiley Tongue

--I'm just another virgin user like you. Please mark my answer as helpful, if it helped Smiley Happy