Menu
brt
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3.0 available?

Ok, I've been a customer to Virgin Media for a long time and I upgraded a while ago to SuperHub 2.0 ac. I now see you have SuperHub 3.0 available but I have no clue to obtain it... my current router keeps resetting itself and bugging out and would need a new upgrade. I have 200 mbps package with Full House TV? Can't I obtain this yet because this is seriously getting frustrating, my current router is always glitching out on me, thank you! 

Why have an old router if the 1 & 2 aren't available to obtain anymore? I would like the new package too anyway since my current router is coming to end of the days i think. It's absolutely outrageous as you offer all this stuff to new customer but never offer any good packages or new routers for existing customers, I'm going to leave virgin if this carries on! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub 3.0 available?

Overall the SuperHub 2ac and Hub 3.0 have the same technical capabilities for your home network i.e dual-band Wireless ac and Gigabit networking. The main differences are what they look like and some back-end technical things for Virgin Media. Although, currently there are some known issues with the Hub 3.0 that Virgin Media are working to resolve - for some people these issues have a impact of their broadband service, and for others it doesn't.

If your existing 2ac is having issues then if you speak to Virgin Media and new kit is needed you'll get an appropriate replacement. This may end up being a 2ac or a Hub 3.0, as both are appropriate for your current service.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
brt
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yep, I've read that it has a few issues but will be fixed with firmware updates but the reason I like the SuperHub 3.0 more due to it's different design plus it seems it's a little bit better when it's not bugging out. My current router is buggy so hopefully they could send me one.

0 Kudos
fizzyade
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

brt wrote:

Yep, I've read that it has a few issues but will be fixed with firmware updates but the reason I like the SuperHub 3.0 more due to it's different design plus it seems it's a little bit better when it's not bugging out. My current router is buggy so hopefully they could send me one.

Be careful what you wish for!

I had a 2ac and it was solid until it starting crashing in modem mode and I had to take a SH3 as a replacement.

The SH3 has puma6 chipset issues, the UI is a joke on it, doesn't support IPSEC passthrough in router mode etc.  

That said, I run in modem mode so the only issue I see is the puma 6 chipset one.  If the network goes down I'm unable to browse to the web interface to see what is happening, the loss of signal appears to kill the web interface on the modem until the internet is back up, so you can't actually browse to the web interface to try to diagnose the issue.

The 3 is required for the new speeds I believe, but given the choice between a 2ac and a 3 at this point in time I'd take the 2ac over the 3 every single time.

0 Kudos