Menu
catisilva
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Super hub connection problems...

Hello,

always had problems with the super hub, always has been problematic. 

But lately cuts out and there is loads of buffering, I am sitting 1 metre away from the router.

As well as that my speeds are always very different from what I got offered 150mb.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
JJG1992
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub connection problems...

Hi there i just came acros this post and fort i could try help out. What type of superhub do you have 2, 2Ac or 3, and what type of device are you doing the speed tests on
0 Kudos
JJG1992
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And having buffering problems on ?
0 Kudos
catisilva
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have a superhub2 (- the super :-)

The problems aren't new, there are days more noticeable then others. I know my way around technology as my house is filled with it, also I was using the hub in router mode but due to slow downs, I am trying to see where the problem is.

My wife notices in both her laptop or iPhone, buffering on youtube or facebook videos. I notice more on my Mac as is what I use the most.

0 Kudos
JJG1992
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Iff it is the standard superhub 2 then i would sugest turning down the transmitter down on 2.5Ghz to the middle and same with the 5Ghz, and have the channel set to auto and aso keep the router away from cordless home phones as they transmit at 2.4Ghz, keep in a well open aira aswel, try disconecting a few devices as it could be struggerling to disterbute even amounts to lots of devices try hard wiring devices with ethernet iff possible will put less strain on wifi, iff everthing els fales ask virgin to check your power levels to see iff they are within acceptable levels.
0 Kudos
catisilva
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the suggestions but virgin does need to look into my situation.

This days it is a bit tricky to wire anything to the router, my macbook doesn't even have an ethernet and is not even practical.

After reading this forum, it's obvious that the super hub 2 isn't that great and that people do have problems with connections.

So please VIRGIN can you look into this.

0 Kudos
JJG1992
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you tryed deleting network loggs on the supperhub/ resarting also deleting temp files on laptops, on otherdevises catch data and mislainius files ?
0 Kudos
catisilva
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Screen Shot 2016-12-04 at 15.19.46.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-04 at 15.19.55.png

Don't know if anything wrong here but true is I get various cuts during the day.

Might be the superhub that isn't that great.

0 Kudos
JJG1992
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have just had an idea what might work do menny of your devices use the 5.0Ghz iff that is not used disable it as iff i remember correctly i hade same problem with the normal superhub 2 and disabled the 5Ghz and that stopped the cut outs
0 Kudos
JJG1992
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also your power levels on the downstream are on the low side
0 Kudos