Menu
Babes0
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 3 dropping and broadband increase

Hi
Is there a reason why our superhub keeps dropping the internet connection, this happens on a daily basis. We increased our broadband speed, thinking we had too many devices connected. It made no difference and we are stuck with a contract giving faulty service.
0 Kudos
like_a_vir9in
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 3 dropping and broadband increase

I came here for the exact same reason...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon Babes0,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are experiencing intermittent broadband connection. I can imagine how annoying this must be.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

Does this happen on both wired and wireless devices?

Do any lights change on the router at all?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Babes0
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha
I get the dropped connections on wireless devices. I don't have anything wired up, all devices are around the home are set up.to be wireless. We have considered moving router into centre of house, as it's currently at the front of house .
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless reception is affected by many factors like Range, Client hardware, the Topograpy of your home, and the big killer, Wireless interference.

First of all, It would be a good idea to place the hub in a central, open position, away from obstacles and electrical devices.

You could try changing the wireless channel manually. Downloading a wireless scanner like InSSIDer for Windows or WiFiAnalyser for Android would help by showing you the surrounding wireless networks, the channels they are broadcasting on, and their signal strengths, so you can select the best wireless channel.
Bear in mind that the wifi scanner will not show interference from other sources of wireless interference such as A\V streaming devices, Baby monitors, Chordless phones, Microwave ovens, Plasma TVs, Security systems, etc.

Setting the Hub's radio setting to 300Mbps (or 40Mhz channel) is not advised on the 2.4GHz band as it takes up over half of the available spectrum, making it prone to wireless interference..

Using the wider, usually less congested 5Ghz band could help, if your client devices support it.

0 Kudos
Babes0
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable is not long enough to relocate router in a more central location. I would need engineer to change internal cable to resite router. As for the other suggestions, until router moved moot point!
0 Kudos