Menu
davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2ac issues

firstly i had issues with super hub disconnecting every day, now i got a problem with my 5G wifi signal keep on dropping out, what is going on????, i work in the computer business so i have tried everything i can think and also checked everything i can think of, including numerous restarts, hard resets and so on and so on but still getting problems. may be a new super hub would sort all my problems but i am not going to hold my breath, come on virgin sort it out, have been a customer with you for a very long time and this is the worst i have seen your service Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2ac issues

First to say - us lot on the Forums have no idea how your house is laid out and where your SH2ac is located.

Next tosay - the 5GHz signal will drop out well before the 2.4GHz signal., This is due to the shorter wavelength being susceptible to absorption by materials in the route to target device; walls, floors, cupboards etc.

What happens if your wireless device is right next to the SH2ac?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well my mobile phone, laptop, and SKY Q box are all in the same room as the super hub and all devices lost 5G connection for about 10 mins then reconnected, this seems to happen at least once a day  

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In that case, there is no reason why the 5GHz should drop wireless. If you've got the channel settings on Auto, then it could be a duff SH2ac.

That said, do other connection methods work when the 5GHz is off? What do the SH2ac lights do?

0 Kudos
davsco1973
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes 2g works which would suggest maybe a problem with the hub, and channel setting is on auto, although i have tried it manual setting to, and still got the same problem 

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Then it has to await a VM bod in a week's time or you could try offshore support and spend the rest of your life going through their stupid scripts if you get a bad'un.

0 Kudos