Menu
Dahilster
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2ac dhcp problem

My super hub has stopped leasing IPs over wifi. Both 2 and 5G connections say either connecting or obtaining IP address until failure. If I set a fixed IP on my laptop or phone it connects fine. After a reboot, some devices connect and dome don't. I've changed the dhcp leasing settings by changing start address or number of leases and things work for a while until dhcp fails. I've done a factory reset, set my ssid back to what they were before with same password and security settings and same problem. Some devices are still offline. If this is a fault please can my super hub be replaced?

Thanks

John
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2ac dhcp problem

How many devices have you got connected?

0 Kudos
Dahilster
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lippies

About a dozen with several still offline. Wired Ethernet is all fine. I have a Sonos that is still offline, an echo dot and a couple of nest devices also offline. Some other nest devices are online and all on same firmware. Fixed IP on my phone for 5G connects but dhcp for 2G does not. I have 155 dhcp leases and not using more than 20. All worked fine up until a few weeks ago. Nothing new added to the network in that time. I've done a factory reset which should have cleared any stale leases but same problem.
0 Kudos
Dahilster
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've just disabled my primary 2.4ghz network and configured the 2.4ghz first guest with previous settings and it works, IPs are leased. All my devices are connecting. I shouldn't have to apply a work around like this as the primary networks should work. Is there a fault with my router and if so, how do I go about getting it replaced.

John
0 Kudos
Dahilster
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Posted too soon. Connection problem back. Do device using dhcp connects. Laptop gives error DHCP look-up failed
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

IMHO the HUB is struggling with the number of DHCP leases. Mine did the same.  I wound up using static IP's anyway for access rules needed, that sorted the issue out.

0 Kudos