Menu
Cozsolo
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 traffic light blinking green - no internet access

Hi,

For the second time in a week my virgin internet connection is not working. The first time it started working again the next day. Restarting and rebooting had no effect. Today I have the same problem. Just a blinking green traffic light and a flashing blue ready light. Again restarting is having no effect. 

The connection has been slow fora few months now.

checked service status for my area and it reports good service.

Please help

Andy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 traffic light blinking green - no internet access

hiya @Cozsolo welcome to the virginmedia community forum,sadly it can take a day or so to get reply from a forum admin..
if you get a connection could you post the hub stats:
would need to check on signal levels from hub if you can goto http://192.168.0.1 and if you click on router status top right [no need to login] and if you can copy/paste the downstream,upstream,network log, dont worry about formatting/errors we can easily read it.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cozsolo,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your loss of broadband internet access.

I have managed to locate and test your connection and Superhub. The readings show the Superhub is currently switched off. Could you get back us when you switch it back on so we can test this for you.

As was advised previously by paultechy a good look at the Superhub stats may help us determine what is happening also.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Cozsolo
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it's currently on and connected to the Internet.

Cheers,

Andy
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thanks for switching your Superhub back on for us.

I have managed to test your connection to the Superhub. It appears that you may have an issue with your upstream power levels being slightly to high. I have checked the local network but all appears to be healthy with no faults reported.

I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to come around and fix this for us. I will send yo a private message regarding this shortly.

To locate your private message simply click the red envelope at the top left hand side of this page.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Warmanlee
Just joined
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen, I, as many other customers am truly dissatisfied with or the lack of support from virgin media customer service team and have been experiencing the same issue for many months I have been on the phone with India! many times since Christmas and still no engineer visit. 100 MB broadband I have never had over 53MB ! This Is something to add to this long list of issues as a customer I'm experiencing...

This interim fix is not helping me as a valued and long established customer !

Half my house can't even connect to the hub with over 1MB SPEEDS... I'm afraid I have had to sign to a community to display my dissatisfaction for all to see to hopefully get some form of resolve, I never had any issues until this year but now I have one, two,three the list is growing and no resolve ..

Would you kindly extend your communication to me directly, as you can see the time - very convenient time to loose my internet all together children going to bed with no YouTube, can't use my on demand services, no internet for me to complete work through my laptop ..it's clear I could go on, please help and change my worsening opinion of virgin of recent before I am forced to leave ..
0 Kudos
nessie287
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue with my Superhub 2ac. Last week the hub stopped suddenly and we managed to reset, it was working again until today. The ready light is blinking blue (totally off now and then), the traffic light is fast blinking green. I have turned off and on, pulled all leads out and put back, reset a couple of times via hub settings and the reset button on the back. no change at all and no connection. Is there anything else I can do before getting an engineer out?

0 Kudos
leprof_tmh
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just wanted to say that I'm having the same issues.  I spent two hours earlier on the phone to a lovely young lady called Nasima, but, after re-setting the hub, taking out cables and putting them back in, switching the thing off and on, it still isn't working.  The worst thing is the first day that a technician is available is Friday 19 August!  I work from home and 11 days without internet makes life nigh on impossible.  Any help?  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

lots of posts about its unfortunately normal due to ARP floods on the new setups at VM end.

Do some searches and you find out more.

0 Kudos
nessie287
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

DS-1 DS-2 DS-3 DS-4 DS-5 DS-6 DS-7 DS-8

Frequency (Hz)N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Lock Status(QAM Lock/FEC Sync/MPEG Lock)UnlockedUnlockedUnlockedUnlockedUnlockedUnlockedUnlockedUnlocked
Channel IDN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
ModulationUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknownUnknown
Symbol Rate (Msym/sec)N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Interleave DepthN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Power Level (dBmV)N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
RxMER (dB)N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Pre RS ErrorsN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Post RS ErrorsN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Channel Type2.0N/AN/AN/A
Channel ID5N/AN/AN/A
Frequency (Hz)31000000N/AN/AN/A
Ranging StatusContinueN/AN/AN/A