Menu
Jontp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 locks up with Sky Q

I wonder if you can help me out. I just had Sky Q 1TB box installed and it seems the router locks up everytime it downloads any programming. I do not have any multiroom setup so i have disabled wifi as it is conneced to the router by ethernet (although the problem also occurs when connected via wifi also)

Within a couple of mins of starting a download it completley freezes my network to the point my wireless devices stop working until i unplug the ethernet cable of the Sky Q box from the router.

any idea on how to stop this from happening?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 locks up with Sky Q

Hi there Jontp,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to read you are having an issue with the Sky Q through the broadband connection.

I appreciate that you have tried both wired and wireless connections with the Sky Q and you still get the same issue.

Have you tried whilst the Hub is in modem mode to see if that works at all?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jontp
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I had an engineer round who replaced the Superhub 2AC with the new Superhub 3 and it now works perfectly but I needed to give the SkyQ box a static IP address.

I must add being on the 200mb service, I've seen an increase in broadband speed from 143mb to 213mb last night since the change of router.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello there Jontp,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Good to hear that one of our engineers has resolved your connection problems!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, if there's anything else we can help with, please just ask.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos