Menu
PJRydecker
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 has strong wifi but loses internet conection

Hello, 

As stated in subject I have a issue not with my conection to the router via wifi but the susequent connection to the internet. 

My ethernet connection is strong and un inturupted my wifi conection 2.4g is strong and uninturupted however no mater what device I use after about 30 seconds the internet conection via wifi not the wifi conection itself drops out completely.  This does not happen at work or the pub or my friends houses, only on my virgin hub.  The ethernet conection to the same hub does not experience this problem.  I have spoken several times to virgin tech support and obviously it is not the equpments fault in their eyes. 

I have done all the basics changed channels, reset the router etc this always fixes the issue for about 30 seconds then BOOM! no internet conection again.  I only have my ethernet connected desktop which never experiences any problems and 1 mobile and 1 tablet.  Both tablet and mobile are android devices.  I use no wifi extenders and I sit about 2 meters from my hub with no obstructions.  My best option channel (acording to the wifi analyzer App) is 13 on which I am the only user within wifi analyzers range. 

This has become very frustraighting.  I work in technical support and am quite tech savey so asuming this problem is user error and not the the hub itself, I should be able to put into acction any suggestions put forward. 

I have read that you can put the hub 2 into modem mode then buy a 3rd party router to provide the wireless elemnt but as I am already paying virgin for their equipment this would be a last resort. Surly the hub 2 is not so bad that you need 3rd party equipment to make it viable.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 has strong wifi but loses internet conection

Channel 13 is not a good choice ... some devices will struggle with this frequency.    Stick to channels 1, 6 or 11.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
PJRydecker
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the heads up about 13, I was initially on 6 and have tried 1 and 11 as this is what virgin tech support suggested. unfortunately the channel seems to make no diference to my issue. Smiley Sad

Thanks tho for your info Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
terryR1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have the same problem and have tried all the suggested channel but still have the problem. I have spoken with Virgin on a number of occasions but just get fobbed off. They have a problem but wouldn't recognise it, just like the awfully slow TIVO box.

Terry (Rose)

0 Kudos
PJRydecker
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know your pain terryR1
0 Kudos