Menu
Jgibson1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Super hub 2 connection drop

Hi there.

Experiencing problems with my Super Hub 2.

Both the 2.4 and 5.0 networks keep dropping or show up on the connections and don't load pages. Need to keep switching between both networks and resetting the router and it seems to work for a while then drops out again. 

Connection is always slow when this happens and leads to the internet being unusable for the household.

I've tried resetting the channels for each network and even set them to auto compatibility. This has been going on for months and is progressively getting worse and worse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super hub 2 connection drop

Hi Jgibson1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the wireless connection.

You mentioned you have tried changing the channel, have you been through them all or just a few?

Do you get any issues if you connect via Ethernet cable?

Do you notice any lights change on the router at all when this happens?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jgibson1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there.

Yes I've went through all the channels.
Seems no problem with internet when plugged in through Ethernet.
The ready button flashes off and on.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jgibson1,

Thanks for getting back to me.

You mentioned that the ready light flashes, which would mean that the router is not connected to the internet and all devices would lose internet access.

If you can, log into the router settings and post the network log to see if it shows any time-outs please? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, top right click on Router Status and within here will be Network Log.

Also if you have time, try and create a Broadband Quality Monitor as this will check the performance of the connection. If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jgibson1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

IMG_0316.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hiya,

I appreciate you posting the network log, this does help us further.

This is showing you are losing connection to the network and I would like to book an engineer appointment to check this over. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Speak to you soon

Sam

0 Kudos