Menu
Patfh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 and Chromecast 2

Hi,

I cannot connect my Chromecast 1 or 2 to my new Super Hub 3. As far as I can see from Googling, there is no solution, until Virgin release a fix. The default settings seem to correctly match any ideas specified for fixing the issue which generates the "We weren't able to discover your Chromecast on the network. This may require a small change to your Wi-Fi settings." Is there a fix or are we waiting for Virgin to create one.

I still have my old modem (Super Hub v1). If I reconnect this will it work until a fix is released.

Thanks for any advice.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super Hub 3 and Chromecast 2

Patfh wrote:

Hi,

I cannot connect my Chromecast 1 or 2 to my new Super Hub 3. As far as I can see from Googling, there is no solution, until Virgin release a fix.

You have the 9.1.88J5 release firmware which has a known problem with Chromecast.

Is there a fix or are we waiting for Virgin to create one.

There is a fix in the latest firmware 9.1.88S and 9.1.88T being used on the Hub 3 trial. Before you ask I don't know when that will be released to other non-trial Hub 3 users and neither do the VM Forum Team at the moment.

I still have my old modem (Super Hub v1). If I reconnect this will it work until a fix is released.

Thanks for any advice.

Ask the Forum Team for a SH2ac and they will send you one, which you can use while you are waiting for the next release firmware for the Hub 3.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

are you on a Vivid package?

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Patfh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes. Vivid 200. This worked perfectly with Super Hub v1.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Nope there is no config file for the SH1 for Vivid 200. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Patfh wrote:

Hi,

I cannot connect my Chromecast 1 or 2 to my new Super Hub 3. As far as I can see from Googling, there is no solution, until Virgin release a fix.

You have the 9.1.88J5 release firmware which has a known problem with Chromecast.

Is there a fix or are we waiting for Virgin to create one.

There is a fix in the latest firmware 9.1.88S and 9.1.88T being used on the Hub 3 trial. Before you ask I don't know when that will be released to other non-trial Hub 3 users and neither do the VM Forum Team at the moment.

Thanks for any advice.

Ask the Forum Team for a SH2ac and they will send you one, which you can use while you are waiting for the next release firmware for the Hub 3.

Patfh
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for the excellent reply. I have no expectation of a fix anytime soon, but am grateful for your workaround.
I have had marginal success getting the Chromecast to connect, using the Wi-Fi rename workaround. I'll post more detail when I get back home and have access to my router.

Thanks again for taking time to respond and the clarity of your answer.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Bunker_MonkeyUK
Settling in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have a Chromecast and a Superhub 3.0 (& we never had this issue before VM)

We can only get it working right after a reboot where we can cast from any device once but then it'll fall off once we can device (iPhone 5, Windows 10 PC etc).

Waiting urgently for the new firmware! 

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@ForumTeam

It seems to me that if VM can launch the Hub 3 with the J5 firmware, which isseriously flawed in router mode, then they could surely issue the much better 88T that the triallists have.

Can the Forum TEam got that transmitted upstairs, please?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Spurge54321
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here. Chromecast v1 and v2 fail to connect to the Super Hub 3. Very frustrating. As a new customer is it possible to get hold of one of the Super Hub 2's as I understand it worked perfectly well with them?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Spurge54321 wrote:

Same problem here. Chromecast v1 and v2 fail to connect to the Super Hub 3. Very frustrating. As a new customer is it possible to get hold of one of the Super Hub 2's as I understand it worked perfectly well with them?

Read the last line of my post above.

0 Kudos