Menu
icoombs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 3 Port Forwarding

Hi all

I am trying to setup a game server for Assetto Corsa and trying to forward the ports to the PC that will be running the server. When i try to setup the forwarding i keep getting the following message...

"The local ports between 9456 and 9456 on IP 192.168.0.14 have been added as virtual server already, please try another one."

I have tried several ports but always seem to get the same message even for port 8081

Anyone got any ideas what is going on? 

0 Kudos
clarkycal
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 3 Port Forwarding

Same problem here.... with the SuperHub 3
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi icoombs & clarkycal,

I'm including you both in this as I note that icoombs never received a reply sorry Smiley Sad

I'm not familiar with this particular error myself and have 2 suggestions to make.

Firstly please reset your Hub 3 back to factory settings

Next, if you are forwarding more than one port, please set these up in ascending numerical order. This last should make no difference and I admit that 'straws' and 'grasping' may be relevant here.

But please give it a go and, whilst awaiting your update, I shall see if I can get any more information on this.

Bye for now,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
clarkycal
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The ascending order did work, but i found this earlier someone on these forums, why do we even have to do it ascending? (Sorry about the delayed reply, i forgot i even posted here)

Another thing being i can't port forward the same port on 2 different addresses.

For example;

Let's say i had 2 ip's

ip1 = 192.168.0.11

ip2 = 192.168.0.12

and i wanted to port forward port 80 on both (Just an example) it's just not possible..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey clarkycal,

Thanks for the update and good to hear that we're making progress, albeit limited.

I'm not 100% on why applying the rules in ascending order seems to help, it's just something we've tested and seems to work. I'll also look into the last point you made about not being able to port forward the same port off different IP's, I'll give it a go from our end and see what I find.

Catch you soon,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
icoombs
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So after multiple resets and days wasted setting up my home network this problem still exists 7 months later. Has a solution been found rather than a workaround (that does not work) or is there any answer as to why it happens. I am very curious as to what is setting up port forwards (virtual servers) on my router that i have no control over. what are these virtual servers and what is using them?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello again icoombs,

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

I'm sincerely sorry that you're still struggling with this fault. I'm sorry that we don't have any additional info right now. We're still working on an update.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos