See what devices are attached to my network
Check security features
Rely on anything seen

Can't use my CCTV
Can't receive alerts from remote CCTV
Can't use my web severs or provide sites I maintain
Can't use multi media Equiptment
Can't use functions on my NAS devices

All of which are really basic networking functions.

The Virgin Media Middle ware on the hub is crippling the device and clear has been implemented by people that are unable to transition hardware through to end user firmware.

This is beyond a joke this should have been spotted and sorted before these devices were released and not been dragging on for many months as is clearly obvious from your own forums and support.

The call centre staff in the main are useless for anything other than basic script fault finding which is useless and resetting a hub is a mess when it's used as I and many others do!

You need a dedicated team working on SH3 and they need to be contactable by customers such as myself.

I hate to thing of the hundreds of people caught up in the CS phone circle of hell.

Please, please ensure you provide equiptment that works. It's a basic!

Richard A, Lincs

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super Hub 3 Not Fit For Purpose!

pogit1 wrote:
Why is no action being taken.

Can't use my CCTV

Firstly, I'm not posting to contradict, argue or seem smart. The first bit is a given. All things we would expect of  any router. Neither am I trying to defend the HUB3

Dont know about CCTV as I dont use it. Webservers- if they are sitting LAN side and you want to access them WAN side, thats excluded in teh TOS so you cant expect support for that.

Multimedia equipment, NAS, streaming, port forwarding all work fine on mine- is there some other cause afoot I wonder?

Whats your setup like?

What functions dont work?

Not trying to convince you the HUB3 is anything other than what we all know it is...just wondering is something we can get sorted to make life bearable until it gets sorted. Lets face it its going to be a long wait.

Given the fact you have fairly hefty connectivity needs, it would pay dividends to invest in a decent separate router.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

pogit1 wrote:
Why is no action being taken.

Can't use my CCTV

Firstly, I'm not posting to contradict, argue or seem smart. The first bit is a given. All things we would expect of  any router. Neither am I trying to defend the HUB3

Dont know about CCTV as I dont use it. Webservers- if they are sitting LAN side and you want to access them WAN side, thats excluded in teh TOS so you cant expect support for that.

Multimedia equipment, NAS, streaming, port forwarding all work fine on mine- is there some other cause afoot I wonder?

Whats your setup like?

What functions dont work?

Not trying to convince you the HUB3 is anything other than what we all know it is...just wondering is something we can get sorted to make life bearable until it gets sorted. Lets face it its going to be a long wait.

Given the fact you have fairly hefty connectivity needs, it would pay dividends to invest in a decent separate router.

pogit1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Basically my SH2 wifi died, so was replaced with SH3.

Now I cannot reliably use any menus, port forwarding and unpn is a joke.

Need port forward which I have used for years for my mail/web/game servers, cctv, media systems and NAS equiptment.

Any sucessful port forwarding on the SH3 is a fluke, it can't assign or filter by Mac.

It's basicall a cripled modem with wifi and the security on it is, well less said the better.

*sorry but I'm really frustrated if they cannot fix it it should never of been released to general users and alll they need to do is send out a working previous model..... but no I have to go round in circle talking to people who have no idea what I'm talking about who constantly reset my equiptment when expressly told they must not do so!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Which firmware are you on?

0 Kudos
pogit1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for being patient with me

Area 30

Hardware Version 10
Software Version 9.1116V
0 Kudos
pogit1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What's really annoying is I can add a port forward to another IP if it's not in use but if I add it to an existing one it insist a Virtual one (I suspect upnp) an there's no display of 'virtual Ports' which aren't working any way.

But the GUI fails to add changes and insist changes have been made when they haven it's just so unstable.

The same devices show up on the same IP or names/IP merge... checks all are ok with other equiptment, it's just the hub telling itself wrong information.

It's just not talking to its self , sharing, saving updating info.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You've the same firmware as me.

The GUI is umm lets go for "ropey"

Can I ask are you adding port forwarding because you had to on the last HUB? Or because stuff didn't work?

Its just that Ive fairly similair LAN side stuff (media streamers, NAS, consoles and a couple of different PC's, tablets et all) and I haven't had to mess with it much. It just works for me. On HUB2 and Superhub2AC I DID have to mess around with port forwarding. And when I first got HUB3 I started doing the same, then gave up because the previous GUI was even worse believe it or not. All Ive done this time is set static IP's for devices I need to know where they are. UNPNP has been basically faultless.

Im just wondering are you over complicating things as I did at first?

0 Kudos
pogit1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ive had super hub 1 2 and now 3 all have been poor but the latest well I'll say no more.

I had to set ports manually because things just werent working.

Have you not come across the 'virtual ports' issue then?

And I'm presuming you've set ports on the devices because that's just not possible on my SH3.

The conflicts in viable devices are horrendous SH3 mixed ips and names of devices that are fine else where (triple, triple checked)

And now I've somehow managed to get an error on my PC thats says something to the effect of DNS .... isn't possible on your network type? When I'm trying to manually assign IP addresses to both lan ports... it's the DNS part it doesn't like.... so I'm guessing that's where part of the issue is, that and the upnp play hidden port mapping.

It's possible that my SH3 is faulty I went through 3 SH2s before I got a good one.

I would go back to modem mode and Independant router I used to use but it would mean purchasing a new higher end one which I can justify as I've just purchased a new NAS at great cost, and the hub should be capable of it I'm not asking a lot....

It's just I'm trying to transfer existing services from old setup to new SH3 and add in a new all dancing NAS that has some great functions in one place, so transferring files and change of set up, means the last thing I need is a SH3 and a support service that consists of screen property that have no idea what I'm talking about let alone ever seen the equiptment, who insist on resetting everything and generally winding me up.

I'm convinced if I can talk to the right team progress could be made in minutes.

Heck I'd settle for someone editing a router back up file with my port forwarding requests and uploading it.

Any 8****
Is a pain, basically anything that any device is using wanting to make changes is impossible.

You need a router with nothing attached then set up the ports and hope for the best but that goes into melt down after a couple of ports.

The worrying thing is the timebproblems have existed for.... they seem to be buying cheap equiptment & coders that seems be incapable of customising the hub to VM firmware, well if that's is the case just go back to manufactures version and send that out with a logo change if need be.

Sorry I'm ranting again....

It's just so distracting when it doesn't need to be I can't see that any of their businesses customers are having this issue.

One team says they can't send out a SH2 another says they can, each person wants to charge me yet my account, bills etc say all equiptment is replaced for free, the left hand right had problem is just so bad for a communications company.
0 Kudos
SH3user
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Very annoying not having this feature!

0 Kudos