0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
legacy1
Hero
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Super Hub 3 - Modem Mode Wifi Issues

As I said its likely a display bug when in modem mode from other posts on old firmware for the hub 3 when in modem mode the Network access state showed denied when you was allowed which that got fixed by the looks of it.

If the wireless was really on when in modem mode you would see it wouldn't you by it SSID?

0 Kudos

All Replies
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Your in modem mode so you have your own router/equipment to do the wireless not the hub 3. VM will not re-design the hub 3 to let you use wireless from the hub 3 with your own router getting the WAN IP in modem mode but given that you can get routers with wireless or a AP to a router setup they likely never will re-design the next hub unless they will.

So modem mode one WAN IP on one MAC to do NAT get your own router for wireless a router with wireless or AP to a router
or
Router mode it has the WAN IP with NAT and wireless

0 Kudos
rockies
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

That's not what I'm wanting to do. The problem is why is the wifi active when in modem mode. This shouldn't be happening
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hmm i would say try a hard reset but I have heard that may risk dropping you back to the older firmware, please wait for someone to reply that has a little more experience of this as I didn't get the beta firmware before I went back to the SH2AC
0 Kudos
BrianY
Superfast
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Slight difference to message shown, wireless (off), internet (enabled modem mode) and telephone (error (tel 1) (error tel 2).
Only light on front red/blue, to signify modem mode.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

rockies wrote:
That's not what I'm wanting to do. The problem is why is the wifi active when in modem mode. This shouldn't be happening

Oh that...its likely not enabled then and if it was you would see it by wireless? Likely its a display bug for when your in modem mode based on router mode setting for wireless being on but really its off in modem mode...or so it should be...If you want you can quickly change to router mode disable the wireless then change back to modem mode where it should display it as off but likely its off either way in when in modem mode.

0 Kudos
rockies
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Already tried that several times. Even spent 1.5hrs with phone support on Tuesday night and even they couldn't explain it and then gave the usual excuse that it was a network wide problem. It's done it before but that was when it was on a trail firmware ages ago. Only problem is its playing havoc with the wireless networks.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As I said its likely a display bug when in modem mode from other posts on old firmware for the hub 3 when in modem mode the Network access state showed denied when you was allowed which that got fixed by the looks of it.

If the wireless was really on when in modem mode you would see it wouldn't you by it SSID?

0 Kudos
rockies
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Pressed the wrong button it's not sorted as the super hub 3 ssids do show. Tried putting it in router mode and changed the ssids and then disabled wifi then put it in modem mode and the 2 ssids for the super hub wifi both appear. Tech support had a look 2 days ago and even they just stated it was a network issue and they are aware of it and not to worry. Thing is though it's making the routers wifi signals congested as it's fixing onto the same channels even if I set up router to use different ones
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It might have something to do with VM public Wi-Fi weather or not they have solved allow modem mode and public Wi-Fi is another issue but its a bit bad you can't turn the wireless off right their or again its a bug.

What you can try and do is login to VM and find the opt-out public Wi-Fi option which might trigger it to turn off.

0 Kudos