Menu
ninjapenguin981
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 2ac - DHCP IP Lease Issue

Hi,

I have a Super Hub 2ac which has a problem with the DHCP.

Normally it hands out IPs perfectly fine, and until recently I had a static ip for 1 PC.

However, recently (it coincidentally occurred at about the same time as I tried to connect a new device, not sure if this is the cause or not) the vast majority of devices in the house have been unable to connect with the Android devices stating "Obtaining IP Address" in a constant loop.

I have tried rebooting the router numerous times. I have restored the DHCP to factory default settings, which seems to fix the problem temporarily (approx. 8 hours or so, maybe until lease expiry of the IP?) 

The DHCP currently leases IPs between 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.254 and each lease lasts for 1 day, so I don't believe it is the case it has too many devices connected.

I am loathed to set each individual device as a static IP as that would involve a lot of work trying to round up MAC addresses, especially when connecting new devices.

I have just reset the router's factory settings completely, which hopefully should resolve the issue permanently, but I imagine it may not. 

Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so how did you fix it?

0 Kudos
ninjapenguin981
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 2ac - DHCP IP Lease Issue

Further to this to attempt a temporary fix I assigned a number of devices static IP addresses. However, this does not seem to have fixed this issue. It allows the devices to connect, but when I have woken up this morning, only 5 devices are connected. It always seems to be the case that all devices but 5 get kicked off the network, and it's only when I make an amendment to the DHCP that it wakes it back up into action and allows devices to connect.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 2ac - DHCP IP Lease Issue

Hello ninjapenguin981,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your Hub. If you drop me a PM confirming your name and address, I'll send you a replacement.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos