Menu
Koysii
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 2 Slow speeds and intermittent cut offs

My plan is on the Vivid 150 and lately for that past few months I haven't been receiving that speed. I've recently factory reset the router several times, and switched the router on and off etc.

I've checked speed test.net right next to the router in the same room within one metre, two meters or different angles to router! with different devices on WiFi. Peak times non peak times. Some days my 5G or 2G connections stop working, even if I'm right next to the router. At which point I have to restart the router by switching it off for a minute or two. There's no phone or other electrical devices next to the router. The set up of router and it's location has been the same since 2014 it's only recently I'm having issues with speed, cut offs. I've spoken to a technician few months back, but was told to factory reset the router. Factory resetting doesn't seem to improve anything. I've tried changing channels etc
0 Kudos
Koysii
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 2 Slow speeds and intermittent cut offs

Screenshot_20170203-201257.pngScreenshot_20170203-201207.png

Screenshot_20170203-204551.png

0 Kudos
Koysii
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The error for today 03/02/2017 is most likely due to network issues in my area. BB10. The engineer has fixed the network problem, but the slow erattic speeds is still present. It's been present for the past few months now.
0 Kudos
Koysii
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well I spoke to customer service and theyve given me a super Hub 3.0. The intermittent connection drops has gone so far, but my speed is still at 50-60Mbps at non peak and peak times.

Been fiddling with 5Ghz right next to the hub and upstairs changing channels bandwidth etc still no improvement. Will test different channels for a few days. And no there is no congestion, only one other person in my area is using 5Ghz that wi-fi analyzer (android app) picks up. 2G seems over crowded about 12 different signals but I'm still getting about -52db signal strength. 5G about -53db from bedroom directly upstairs at 20/40mhz. Tried channels 36, 44, 100, 112 and few others. Might try auto channel selection for 5Ghz again see what that does, unless it chooses the same channel as that other person's manual it is.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Koysii,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004953827). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 10th May.

I've also picked up an issue with your Downstream Power levels that will need to be adjusted by a technician. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos