Menu
CheeseBiscuits
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 2 - Intermittent connection

I am at my wits end with my VM service. As a CS student I need consistent, reliable access to the internet and at this current time I often have to reset my router around 20-25 times a day just to maintain slow unreliable internet access.

I can't work out exactly where the problem stems from as sometimes my devices disconnect from the router entirely (asking for log in details but stating 'cannot connect to this network') which would indicate congestion on the network. Other times all devices remain connected to the network but there is no service from the ISP.

I have tried manually setting the channel using inSSIDer to avoid channels with a lot of congestion. This has still not resolved the issue. I've also tried changing the radio settings this hasn't resolved the problem either. Every time I've tried speaking to tech support they can only advise everything I've tried already.

Upstream, Downstream and Network Log below. Any advice welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Downstream.pngUpStream.png

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
lallie300
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 2 - Intermittent connection

I have this also! virgin media are no help at all! constantly on hold for minutes on end to only keep getting cut off!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi CheeseBiscuits, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're having some troubles with needing to reset your router 20 - 25 times a day, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and I will do my best to help resolve this for you.

I have tested the connection from here and I can't detect anything out of the ordinary! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of the power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, how are you connected wired or wireless?

When the connection drops, is there any noticeable change to the Hubs light sequence?

Could you please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CheeseBiscuits
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is still a problem. None of my devices have a wired connection to the hub. Also I haven't noticed any changes in the Hubs light sequence but as we're all connected wirelessly we wouldn't necessarily be able to monitor any changes.

Downstream.pngNetworkLogs.pngUpstream.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi CheeseBiscuits,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've run a diagnostic on your equipment and I've picked up an issue with your power levels as well as a few timeouts. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to take a look.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos