Menu
Fastperson
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 2 Connection and Modem Mode

Recently, my wifi has been very unstable, it started around the time before Christmas, around November - December. I've noticed that it is worst around 5-7 and it's unusable around 7-10. I've tried switching to modem mode and connecting my laptop to the router using a ethernet cable. However at times the network connection completely drops off for around 1 mins and comes back again. Is there a fix?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 2 Connection and Modem Mode

Hi Fastperson,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times (F003957459) but that shouldn't be causing disconnections. Could potentially be an issue with the equipment.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details and get this sorted out for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fastperson
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Um sorry I couldn't find your message, I'll try send you one. Currently, it's not disconnecting when I use modem mode now. However, the speed from my wifi is extremely slow. When I use my laptop in the evening it barely works and when I try go on things such as Youtube it buffers fore a very long time. Is there a fix to this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fastperson, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with your connection buffering, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that there's currently 2 issues affecting your connection, the first is one that can be resolved by an engineer and that is that your modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too high and will need to be adjusted by an engineer.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

The second issue affecting your connection is that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this. The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance especially during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F003957459 and is currently scheduled for review around the end of March. Thanks for your patience with regards to this matter, I will need to pass your details onto the relevant team who deals with this so they can get back to you some further information. 

In order to this I will need to clear a few security questions with you as is our process for doing so. I'll send you a separate PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's needed. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Adam_L wrote:

Hi Fastperson, 

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with your connection buffering, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested your connection from here and I can see that there's currently 2 issues affecting your connection, the first is one that can be resolved by an engineer and that is that your modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too high and will need to be adjusted by an engineer.

[SEPH]: SNR can never be too high.  Did Adam_L mean "too low"?  Maybe Fastperson should post the power levels on the forum for a double check.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

The second issue affecting your connection is that your area cable seems to suffer some load issues, especially during the peak hours. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to parts of our external network in your area in order to combat this. The upgrades will be to improve bandwidth and performance especially during the peak hours. The reference number for this is F003957459 and is currently scheduled for review around the end of March. Thanks for your patience with regards to this matter, I will need to pass your details onto the relevant team who deals with this so they can get back to you some further information. 

[SEPH]: Fastperson should ask, and persist with asking, what does the "review mean?".  The ticket will say where they are at with this, though if it's not far advanced, VM will just allow the Forum Team quote a wretched "review date".  So is it already planned and scheduled for work to commence?  How long is the remedial worl expected to take?  Has the work started and the "review" will note progress.  Etc.VM arescoundrels when it comes to these "review dates".

In order to this I will need to clear a few security questions with you as is our process for doing so. I'll send you a separate PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's needed. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos