Menu
Stantos
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stuck in modem mode unless I hard reset

Hi there

i have been having huge issues with online gaming, mainly connection to EA servers. I read last night about using modem only mode. The difference was incredible so that issue seems to have been resolved. That  said I couldn't get the super hub 2 out of modem mode through 192.168.100.01 without hard resetting.I was unable to access the hub with my phone or iPad. Resetting every time isn't' ideal. Will I be able to access hub using internet explorer on Xbox one?? Or is there an easier way. I'm running a wired connection through the Xbox. Connection is 100mb.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck in modem mode unless I hard reset

You said you couldn't get it out of modem mode with phone/iPad; they won't connect when you are in modem mode because there is no wireless function on the hub.

Insanig that, I am assuming that you don't have an external router connected to the hub when you are in modem mode. But then you should be able to get on via 192.168.100.1 using the wired Xbox.

So what actually happens?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Stantos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. No router while modem mode. I can access the hub through the wired xbox one but not tried while in modem mode yet as WiFi is in use.

I thought something was wrong, I assumed that I would be able to access via 4g on ipad. Hopefully access through the xbox later Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you can find a way of buying your own WiFi router and keeping the hub in modem mode, you'll be doing yourself a whole load of favour.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos