Menu
mand82
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Streaming live TV on iPad problems

I'm having trouble with streaming live NHL games on my iPad ,

at least once or twice during a game the stream will freeze and I will have to click the feed again to un freeze it , Apple have tested my iPad and said there's nothing wrong with my iPad and nhl have said there's nothing wrong with their app and that the broadband speed etc is quiet enough to stream the games , anyone else stream NHL from their ipad? ,

i have done a speed test while streaming a game and its come back as 196.6mb/s download and 20.74mb/s upload and 27ms latency , 

i have the vivid 200 gamer package  and connect via wifi

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming live TV on iPad problems

Hello mand82

I am sorry you are having problems with streaming. Your line and hub parameters look good, I did wonder if this was a wireless issue however to begin I notice that the area upstreams that you are connected to are having a few problems with intermittent errors and low SNR. This may impact your streaming so I have asked our network engineers to take a look ref F004982078. These type of faults can be quite difficult to locate so hence the estimated fix date of 12 JAN 2017, hopefully we will find it sooner.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
mand82
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has been going on for more then a year  even when I had vivid 200, I thought upgrading to gamer with better bandwidth would of sorted it out but it didn't 😞

0 Kudos
mand82
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I received a txt saying the network problem was fix but nothing has changed I'm still getting the blurry pictures & freezing when watching live streams on my iPad and also on my Apple TV via wifi Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mand82,

Apologies that these issues continue for you. The SNR fault has been closed as resolved and my tests of the affected upstream network segment reveal only a few, minor, intermittent errors. These are too low to be service affecting so we'll need to investigate your issue further.

Firstly would you do me a favour please and power your Hub off and back on? This will refresh the Hub's timeout data for us. 

The other thing I'd like to ask is for you to stream the same programs, from the same source, but on a device that is hard wired to the Hub. This will either eliminate or highlight any potential wireless related problems.

Many thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos