Menu
nitemare
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Still Having Net Problems After Its Supposedly Fixed , Cambridge :(

I'm in Cambridge cb1 area and we have had slow and lagging internet for a year now which has been a major issue for us as we are gamers and this is the main use for the internet so need a good connection and £10 off our bill as compensation is a nice gesture but doesn't help for what we use the net for and the repairs and upgrades to the network in our area have been put off every few months now since last summer which took the mick a bit to be blunt to not get the service we signed up for , for a year now.

anyways had a message from a service rep last month saying the engineers have supposedly upgraded/fixed our area and marked the issue as resolved but the same problems are still here and getting worse!

in the last few days especially the internet has been useless to use even for simply browsing the net, just while looking our net constantly disconnects so pages don't load or crash and gaming has been just about impossible because of the constant disconnecting and huge lag spikes and freezing in games we are getting when all our friends in the uk and Europe don't get the same problems and In multiple games which shows its not just a game at fault.

getting very fed up of virgin as all they do is drag out repairs, keep putting prices up, charge us for a phone line we don't even use and their service is getting worse for the charges not better!

0 Kudos
nitemare
Tuning in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still Having Net Problems After Its Supposedly Fixed , Cambridge :(

still happening today too Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Evening nitemare

Thanks for taking the time to post back on the community.

Sorry to read that you are still experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is a high peak time traffic fault raised in your area. The reference number is F004609355 and with a review date of 28th December.

In regards to the disconnections, does this happen through both wired and wireless devices? Do any of the lights change on the router at all?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nitemare
Tuning in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

hi, the disconnections have happened with wired connections but more with wireless but the lag and slowness is with both connections.

we have more disconnections and lagging between 4pm and midnight.

I cant see our routers lights mostly due to the router position but once we found the front logo light that's normally blue was purple without anyone putting it into modem mode.

thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi nitemare,

Thanks for getting back to me.

With the lagging between 4pm until midnight this will be due to the high peak time traffic fault in your area. I will pass this across to one of my colleagues for more information.

If you notice disconnections outside these hours, post a copy of the network log from the router settings. You can create a Broadband Quality Monitor to check the performance of the connection. Have you noticed the light on the router change colour since you last posted?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nitemare
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still Having Net Problems After Its Supposedly Fixed , Cambridge , Cherry Hinton :(

an update on this, the problem is getting worse!

over the Christmas period the net was just about unusable for gaming at all times as I'm guessing with the kids off school and people off work the network was being overloaded, wired and wireless connection was lagging and disconnecting is from games every 5 to 10 minutes so totally useless for online games.

now between about 6am till midnight we have the same issues every night and worse at weekends, just getting fed up as a network so slow 90% is no use for gaming, what we want it for!

I'm guessing its related to the overloaded slow internet issue but also between 4pm and midnight the TiVo box slows down and lags from pressing a button to it working or playing something you recorded, it takes sometimes 10 seconds to work and at this time iplayer is unusable, you try to watch something and each time you get the message alter settings (which i have) or check the internet connection.

very unhappy with the service still as I had a message saying the fault has been fixed when it clearly hasn't and has been worse!

virgin should offer permanent discount on their internet charges until they upgrade their network to cope with that many customers in one area!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still Having Net Problems After Its Supposedly Fixed , Cambridge , Cherry Hinton :(

Hiya nitemare,

Hope all is well. Thanks for getting back to us.

I am so sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your broadband connection.

With the high peak time traffic fault I mentioned in October, this has now been closed down as resolved. Looking at the network, the traffic is running stable and I am unable to see any other issues that would cause this.

Did you manage to create a BQM by any chance? If so, can you post the link or a screen shot for me please? This will be help us further.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

0 Kudos
nitemare
Tuning in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I made an account to make a monitor and enabled icmp ping on my firewall but the graph is still showing all red. tried to access router settings but I cant as the page wont show, I did a trouble shooter and it said the page is online but not responding to attempts, I tried it with explorer and chrome but the same result so I don't know what to do

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Morning nitemare,

Thanks for the reply.

If you can, try a factory reset of the Super Hub (be mindful that any saved setting will revert back to default), then enable the ICMP ping and re-create a new profile on the BQM.

If this fails again let me know.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
nitemare
Tuning in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

ive done the reset and spent days trying to log into the hub to enable the ping but it always showed page cannot be displayed as website took too long to respond so I couldn't do anything and today ive finally had the log in screen come up but when I put the pass and wps pin in it just gives me a message that it wants the wps pin and doesn't log me in though I know the pin is correct from the back of the hub label so I'm stuck

0 Kudos