Menu
pete151015
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spotify not working on wifi

I have been in contact with Spotify because I have 3 devices and none of them will run Spotify on my virginmedia wi-fi.  They have tried everything their end and we have narrowed it down to an issue with the wi-fi, which would explain why all 3 devices are crashing.  If I switch wi-fi off on my phone, the Spotify app works fine, then crashes each time I re-enable wi-fi.  The laptop and desktop PC both just crash instantly on opening spotify.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Is there a fix please?  Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotify not working on wifi

Hi pete151015,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with Spotify not working through your wireless network.

Does this happen when you are connected to the 2.4 GHz network?

Have you tried to use Spotify on a wired connection to see if you get the same issue?

Do you get any error messages at all on Spotify?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pete151015
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spotify not working on wifi

Thanks for your reply Samantha.  By 2.4 GHz network, do you mean 2G?  My connection is already on 2G.  I will attempt to use a wired setting and let you know the result.

On my mobile device, it would give the error message 'no storage found - check the device storage setting'.  I use an SD card and spotify mentioned checking this for errors, however this seems to be a Red Herring since the crash does not happen when using mobile data, and also happens on my PC and laptop.

Thanks

0 Kudos