Menu
bigcol
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed upgrade 152 not available when I log in. But website says it is

Hi

I have been a VM customer for many years, and have been waiting very patiently for my speed boost from 100Mb to 152.. 

The speed increase is available according to the website so I log in only to be told that the fastest service is 100. Yet when I log in there is no option available to get the much promised speed upgrade When I click on find out more I just get the information page for vivid 200.

I have phoned CS and been informed I am entitled to 150+ SPEEDS.  The speeds are now available in my area, yet there is no way I can get the free upgrade I have been promised since 2015.

I have been told to call back in 4 weeks. But this is not the answer as to why there is a problem

Hopefully somebody will have an idea as to how to sort this out

Many thanks

Colin

speed2.jpg

speed1.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed upgrade 152 not available when I log in. But website says it is

Did you re-contract during that wait period from 2015? If you did, that would account for you being locked into 100Mb with no upgrade opportunity.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
bigcol
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I did, but was assured at the time it would not affect the upgrade.

VM tells lies again
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bigcol, 

Thanks for getting in touch I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your upgrade. 

Looking at the connection now I can see that you now have the 200Mb connection, and you have spoke to some colleagues over the phone to get this resolved. 

I can see there are a couple of fault open currently F005082299, which would have affected phone and broadband, looks like they are well on the way to resolving this however and the faulty power lead has been replaced.

The other one I can see is F005053357 for SNR and FECS I will keep an eye on this for you and let you know as soon as I know more. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bigcol, 

Just a quick update on fault ref F005053357 for SNR and FECS is still being investigated. We should have more news after 20/02/2017, I will continue to keep you updated and let you know as soon as I know more. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bigcol, 

Still waiting on an update apologies for that. 

How is your connection looking currently, fingers crossed it is looking a little better. 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

0 Kudos