Menu
pippinf
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Speed on B/Band keeps been reduced

After having a chat with someone from the CEO dept, It has come clear that my broadband speeds keeps getting throttled due to using to much data, if I'm right there isn't a data cap as i'm lead to believe it's unlimited download/usage, I know most companies have traffic management but wasn't aware it still went on, I should get the 200m/b service however my speed is reduced to 5 m/b which I think is unfair as I'm paying the 200 m/b but currently only getting 5 m/b till my next bill cycle, if I'm wrong here but isn't that unfair customer wise as I pay for 200m/b & only get 5 m/b, when does traffic management kick in & how long for if Virgin use traffic management. Anyone also aware how you can find out what data is been used as to avoid this happening!! any advice etc most welcome   

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed on B/Band keeps been reduced

200mbps doesn't have any traffic management on the download
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed on B/Band keeps been reduced

Hi pippinf,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, I was unable to see any issues on the network that would cause these slow speeds.

In regards to traffic management you can have a look at this link for more information > Traffic Management.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos