Menu
gjd1269
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Speed Issues with WiFi on Super Hub 3.0

I was recently offered a deal with VM to upgrade to the 200mb service and I was provided with a nice shiny new super hub 3.0 the connection speed can only be described as abysmal.With my previous router super hub 2 on a 150mb connection I was regularly getting between 100 and 120Mb/sec on wifi any where in the house the connection was also very stable.Now if I am lucky I struggle to get 20-25mb/sec and on speed test the connection is up and down like a yoyo.Phoned the wonderful customer service to be told wifi was a free service and I was only paying for a wired connection useful as all my devices Macbook air ,ipad,iphone are wireless the only wired connection is a Hive Hub and since this new router has been in even that keeps locking up.I asked if I could reinstall the old router was told no,what a con was better off with the old system had I known I would have remained Anybody got any useful suggestions

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Issues with WiFi on Super Hub 3.0

Hello gjd1269

I am sorry you are having problems with the new hub and wireless however just so you are aware we do have a problem with high traffic in your area ref F004899445 work review date of  08 NOV 2017 and perhaps that plays a part in the slower erratic speeds also.

I wonder if changing the hub wireless channel will help Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel

Another article here with some things to perhaps try Getting the best WiFi Signal

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos