Menu
W1ll1am
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Smart TV remote control app

Hello everyone,
My router has just been swapped over to the hub 3 from the hub 1.
I have been using a smart phone remote control app to work my smart TV, (which is connected to the router via LAN) but since the change of routers the app has stopped working the TV, I am just wondering if anyone knows what advance settings would be different between the two routers that would stop the phone/TV communication.
Or what settings I could change, like port forwarding or putting the TV in the DMZ, just to make them talk to each other again.

Thanks in advance for reply
0 Kudos
khenryashley
Rising star
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart TV remote control app

You will need to reset the app as the Ip address will have changed with the new router. 

0 Kudos
W1ll1am
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't think its just a case of changing the ip address as the LG TV remote 2011 app has no interface as such, the app scans by itself finds TV and ask for the pairing code displayed on the TV, the problem being the TV doesn't display the code anymore only displaying ****** where code should be, then the phone app returns saying no TV found.
I have had this TV 5 years from new and countless phones in that time all running the same app with no problems, the only thing that changed is the new hub 3 and right away problems.
I have tried over a dozen WiFi TV remote apps, some find the TV others don't, but not 1will control the TV.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi W1ll1am,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with a Smart TV remote control app not working.

You mentioned that the TV is connected through Ethernet, do other internet functions/app work through the TV?

Is there any setting within on the TV that needs to be changed or created again for the code to be displayed?

Have you tried to re-install the app to see if that works?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
W1ll1am
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Sam. The TV is working fine connected to net, apps work ie. BBC I player, I have restored the TV, uninstalled reinstalled apps, my phone. Nothing makes it work, I have searched and searched the net for answers and have found that the problem lies with multicast pass through. Something different between these home hubs that the user is locked out of changing.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I also have a LG TV and use the 2011 App.

The early firmware version for Hub3 blocked the App working for me also, I think it was all working ok after release of firmware version 88T for the Hub3, what firmware version is your Hub3 on?.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
W1ll1am
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi teabag thanks for the reply, my hub 3 software version is 9.1.116V. Don't know if that is the latest one or not, still the app and TV won't talk.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

9.1.116V is the very latest version and the TV app works OK with it, as you've tried all other stuff - the only other suggestion I can give is to do a factory reset of the router
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=27643&CURRENT_...

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos