Caroldudley
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Smart TV connection..?

Hello. 

I have just bought smart TV or bedroom and fitted  it on wall

I need to connect to my wife I have tivo

I am not computer minded so would like anyone helping me to speak in plain talk.When I look in the instructions it talk to me in tech talk and I have no idea what it means. I don't want to take telly of wall again can anyone advise . I have a Polaroid 32 hd free view smart TV with playback if that helps I look forward to any new advice

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart TV connection..?

A smart TV requires two connections.

To receive the channels, you need to connect it to either an aerial for Freeview or to your TiVo for your Virgin Media channels. You connect to TiVo via an HDMI cable.

To enable the smart apps on your smart TV requires a connection to your broadband via either wifi or a direct Ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Caroldudley
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I I have superfast l broadband .downstairs and tivo box in front room.  Upstairs  have just a v+ box, what I needed to know is how I get my TV to initially to Internet without taking it off the  wall can  i do it though wifi? .  I have all channels that's fine it's the Internet I needed help with. My older kids are away at uni or else I'm sure it would take about 5 seconds

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you advise the model number of your TV, I'm sure we can find the manual to advise what needs doing to connect your TV to the wifi.

This will almost certainly require some button pushing on your TV's menu system to input the password to your wifi.

0 Kudos
Caroldudley
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie, it's a P32FS1956A Polaroid 32" HD Smart TV my husband and I are not great at these things any help appreciated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caroldudley,

Welcome to our Forum, glad you've joined usSmiley Happy I can see you've already had some help from Ernie_C and I'd like to offer my support too.

Firstly, for some reason I am unable to locate any user guide/manual for this TV model. And my TV is a different make & model. 

1. However the 'Settings' option should be on your remote control. It may be listed under the 'Menu' options so try either of those buttons.
  2. The settings you require should be listed as 'Network, or Home Network or Wireless or WiFi'. 
  3. The TV should auto-search for your wireless network (SSID), the name of which be written on the label on your Super Hub.
  4. The password for the wireless network is likewise on the same label.
  5. Enter those details when prompted and your TV should bring up a 'Connected' message. 

I now arrive at something else I need to mention:

You should really have a newer model Hub for the broadband speeds you're on. So I have ordered a new one for you.

• The new Hub should arrive within the next few days.
  • The courier, Yodel, will leave contact details should re-delivery arrangements be needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of an ETA.
  • Please follow the setup and activation instructions included.

Click on the below links for help information (just click on the picture of your Hub model, currently Super Hub but the new one will be Hub3):

If the above doesn't help or if you have any further queries please post an update on here. 

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos