Menu
Highlighted
aylow
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow wifi

I have recently got the 100Mbps wifi, but the wifi is painfully slow in one of the rooms. When I am in that room, the wifi connection on my phone and computer is very unstable, making whatsapp and skype calls impossible. I checked my wifi speed on speed.net, and it came out as 1.1Mbps. What should I do to improve the wifi connection?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow wifi

hiya @aylow it depends with wifi what is between you and the router, if you've got thick wall loads of other wireless connections in your area these call all impact on your wifi signal.. https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

other options include using homeplugs with wifi, attaching a WAP (wireless access point) to the hub to increase wifi range, attaching a 3rd party router to the hub such as an Asus rt68AC series (not cheap but so worth it) etc etc..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
aylow
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Would it be possible to get a free wifi signal booster from Virgin?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

no harm in asking, would need to have a chat with customer services/relations since the forum team dont get involved in that area..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this aylow,

I've checked everything from this end for you and I'd like to get things checked over further by an engineer as there are some high timeouts developing via the equipment levels.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat about this some more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know